Friday, September 01, 2006

Curiouser and Curiouser


So we have got our moving orders. I am to be packed up and out of this office by Monday September 11th holy cow that 911!! I sure this is not an omen. The IT boys will be in next week , Thursday or Friday, to switch the phones and computers. I am going to see if I can get my Mark to come in Friday or Sunday and help me move my office up to the front. The move is not bad just time bulky and awkward. The office I am going back to used to house me and my partner but going back my partner is going to the office next to my office. So I get this sorta of large office, not huge but large which is good for me because I have my power chair and my manual chair in the same office. Well, get this there is currently a part time employee in the office, Zippy. Zippy, or Zip for short is only in 20 hours a week. Zippy will most likely migrate back to one of these offices. Now, get this, my boss comes back to my office an informs me that Zip wants to stay in the office up front with me. The boss wanted to know what I thought of this. I was slow to answer and when I did I indicated I would rather be in office by my self.

Now, I like Zippy, but I just don’t trust her enough to have her in the same office as me. Zippy is highly social and likes to visit. I work the phones I NEED SOME QUIET. Least I am not the one who is telling Zippy she cannot stay in MY office. The Boss has been quite civilized with this whole move thing—like she says she is making me move so it’s my decision that I have a roommate or not. That’s fair. I just hope Zip sees it that way. My partner thinks Zippy wants to stay up front because that’s where the people and action is. I don’t know and I don’t care I am having to do too much change as it is.

What is really strange to me: there was a time when I would not have cared. I would have complied with what people wanted and I would have been happy. I have got along with just about everyone in my life and there were some pretty bad buggers in there. Now, though I seem to be better at establishing boundries and holding \myself and others to those boundaries. Some times I feel very selfish but I am just happier in the long run. A great case in point is the State fair is next week. A throbbing mass of people, carnies and beasts cables and a whole lot of inaccessibility. My power wheelchair makes the Fair a little easier to endure but still people, people and farm animals. I already am getting pressure from Dianne and the grand daughter. Hold your ground grand pa.

No comments: