Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Reader Woes


I have spent all morning cleaning things out of my old office and setting things up in my new old office. What a mess. I have even been throwing things away as fast as I can and yet I still have tons or things to move, go through and get rid of. I was going to see if my Mark could come in and help me with the big book case but I forgot to call and this morning was too late. So maybe I can get him over again this coming Friday and we can make the move. Cecilia has also been helpful to me in the move. This morning she helped set up my mirrors. I use these mirrors to check on what is going on behind my back. Since I sit with my back to my office door the mirrors are most helpful.

There is also something very strange going on with the equipment I carry in my backpack. I carry a card-reader and a 5.0 gig micro-hard drive. Yesterday I tried to use the hard drive on my office system and the cpu refuse to acknowledge my device. The hard drive worked just fine a couple of weeks ago. I don’t jse the hard drive that much and I do not have anything critical stored on the device but it is just the principle that I paid nearly 100.00 for the drive and now I does not work. I have even taken the drove hope and tried to get my lap top to recognize it this morning and the computer refuse to see it. The reader is a similar story. I brought one into the office from home because I had misplaced the reader I use at my office. I often down load image I take while at work for work, my blog and various other projects. The computer would not recognize the reader either ? What’s going on? The old reader surfaced when I was putting things away. I tried unplugging the cord from the new reader and using the new cord plugged the old reader onto the new cord and then fed the USB into the CPU and the CPU found and read the card just fine and I was able to down load the images. What I am fearing is that there is something strange happening to my equipment while I carry the equipment in my pack. I must admit that there are times I tend to be rough with my backpack and have dropped it or run over and I have worried about the drive. However, I think there is something else going on. At least between the cord and the old reader I can still get my images off the camera and up to my system which will allow me to post to my blog.

I have started a diet or rather I am trying to keep up with Dianne who has really got into this diet system she sent away for. This is serious weight loss if done correctly and with a vengeance. I hate it. I hate not being able to eat what I want when I want. I hate being hungry what seems to be all the time. I hate drinking copious volumes of water cus then I have to pee. But I need to. I must drop some weight for esthetics and health. Boy am I a grump!

No comments: