Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm Almost Ready for the Cold

Feels like winter is finally here, the sun was bright and shining when I took off to explore a new store in the neighborhood. I have been meaning to get up to the store for some time but have just been too busy. With the sun shining and my parka on I took off. I stopped at my neighbors and visited with him for a bit. The sun felt good for a while but there was a slight wind and even a little wind brought the temperature down to a level of discomfort, not for me as much as or Al. We visited for about 45 minutes and then I let Al off the hook and I went on my way.

The store I Office Depot, your typical big box office store but it’s new and on our side of the street. Office Depot has everything a body needs for fun. Of course, I was most interested in the computers and computer equipment. I don’t know if they have anything at any better prices the CompUSA but Office Depot s a lot closer. I wondered after the Depot, I went to Linins and things and the went to Burlington Coat Factory. What a weird place and I am going to try really hard to me fair but I was amazed. This place is of course a deep discount close house so you have many people there from every walk of life and nationality, rolling into BCF(Burlington Coat Factory) is what I imagine rolling down a street in New York City. There was a different language in every aisle. I am still wearing my coat with the broken zipper. The zipper works if can get my thumb or a stick or something behind the broken zipper and push the zipping part up. If I take he coat to a tailor the tailor would charge me the coast of new cheap coat or maybe even more. The coat does not have to be cheap it just has to be big enough for me. The thing I thought was weird was the aisle I needed to get down to look at the coats was impossible roll down because the floor for was entirely covered with coats two or three deep. I almost took a picture but thought I might be too conspicuous. I was appalled. I had never seen such chaos in a store before. I the BCF might be low on staff because I happened to see a manager type giving what looked like a new hire the tour and telling him what she him to do. He was there with his girlfriend or wife and he looked totally disinterested. At one time in the conversation the manager asked the kid if he really wanted to work It sounded like she was begging him. Then I started looking round the place and I noticed many of the other staff ha that “deer in the headlights” look on their face. Like “what the hell have I gotten myself into?” The place was so much of a mess that I was overwhelmed with the idea of battling the mess to find a coat. I am going to have to sooner or later but I was just up to the task today. I did, however, buy a pair of gloves, black leather. I think these gloves should be just right rolling in the snowy cold I know is coming.

And so ends my holiday weekend. The weekend was not as eventful as I would have liked but it was OK, good sleep, some good food and a visit to Mom. Sometimes that is as good as it gets.

No comments: