Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Right Now

Right Now, this very second, out side my window, according to my computer, it’s 62 degrees which I equate with warm weather, 62 degrees on the 21st of November, two days away from Thanksgiving. I knew the temperature was to be warm and in the 60’s so I did not leave the house with my parka, which is the closest thing I own to a heavy winter jacket. I m beginning to think 60 degrees in November looks and feels a whole lot different the 60 degrees in May.

When I bolted from door this morning at 6:30 am I think it was about 57 degrees but that temperature was 57 dark degrees which feels different then 57 light degrees. I chose to wear my black diamond, which is a thermal lightweight

garment that I can rap round my head and shoulders like a scarf and do very well. But I almost turned round and went back into the house to get my big coat. I was late and the door to the house was locked and I just decided to ‘tough it out’, surly the afternoon would be more comfortable.

At lunch I needed to escape the office so I headed downtown it was 62 degrees ‘light degrees’ and I took my Black diamond just incase… and I was glad I did. The clouds had moved in and the wind was up and even with the wind out of the South I was uncomfortable. I had lunch at the German deli, Seigfrieds. I love to go to Seigfrieds and get lost within it’s German speaking population. Seigfrieds recently installed a large flat screen TV which they keep tuned into a German satellite station. I try to follow the conversations and even try to order in German when I feel brave. I usually just get my lunch pointing and nodding. I usually order simple. Today I had hot potato salad and a sausage. Hot, fast and relatively cheap.

I have been watching the sky get more and more all after noon. I head home in 30 minutes. The temp is still holding at 62 degrees, but they are very dark degrees and if I am not lucky they could be 62 wet degrees but the weather girl say as no rain until Thursday. But I have been caught before. Tomorrow I am wearing my coat regardless of what the weather man forecasts.

Molly called again today. She sounded fine and knew she was rattling on and on. I gave her her 60 minutes and supported in her writing of her complaints against her landlord, to her landlord’s church. Her complaints are turning out to be a twenty page or so document which is torture for the poor girl to write. Molly really believes the Church is going to make her landlord ‘ sell’ her the property she is currently squatting in. She believes so strongly that because she is in the right and holds, the morale high ground, she will eventually be rewarded with this property. Molly’s case is scheduled to go to court next week and, I believe, will rule against her then the three day swift eviction will be executed at which time the poor lass could find herself and her belongs, literally, out on the street. Everyone pray for Molly.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

You know me, I don't often pray much of anything to much of anyone, but I think i'll give it a try for this girlie. She deserves a christmas/holiday miracle, for the strength of her faith if nothing else.