Sunday, November 19, 2006

Over the River and Through the Woods


I really wanted and meant to post yesterday but the day just evaporated. Saturdays I usually post in the mid afternoon but I have seen my schedule is changing. With mom in the LTC =Crosslands. I am using the afternoon to run up and visit and when I am finished I usually go and do some shopping or something and by the time I get hope I have other things to do and I just run out of time or creative energy. I think I need to write early on Saturday mornings, when I am fresh. The trade off being many times in the early morning or just morning I have not been stimulated with an experience or thought which to write on.

The decision is made we will be having mom over to our house on Thursday for the traditional dinner. When I had arrived at the center I noticed my brother and sister in law had also just arrived (these are folks who usually host the dinner). My sister in law was just beside herself thanking us for having the dinner in their absence. I of course had the “ deer in the headlights”not sure what they had heard and I did not wan to destroy anything which had already been agreed to. So I just smiled and nodded my head. Once in side, my cousin was there and my brother and wife. Discussion was limited as mom wanted to finish watching something on the Hallmark channel-something with Steve Martin in the starring roll. Carl and Jean were in and out dropping off washing and some other items of mom’s need. And we power visited during the commercial breaks and the thing I was impressed with most was that mom indeed wanted to do Thanksgiving dinner at our house. In fact she did the parent “foist money” on me thing, her commitment to the dinner, Mom’s way of being part of the big event. She wants “real” turkey with real mashed potatoes with real gravy. Last year we did the dinner too and mom had fund memories of the event. So it look’s like we are going to do the dinner.

When I discussed my Visit with Dianne, I was relieved to find Dianne was in total support of the project. Dianne is still in serious pain, back pain, but is welling to host the event. Bottom line is we are in the event to have fun and to provide a quality, memory making event to all those who attend. We also figured that we were in for a nickel in for a dime and we may as well open the event to the rest of the family. So, Brooks sounds is coming maybe Bridget, Gabe and Auni and we will also see about Mark A. I think this is going to be a fun experience. And, really one has to look at every opportunity like this is a gift. In fact I had better get going I have a turkey to buy.

No comments: