Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Indian Summer

I thought about writing some stuff about the results of the elections but actually there is enough going on in the media I doubt there needs to be yet another blogladyte out there rambling on about the great change on the political horizon. Suffice it to say that we did it…we sent the man in the Whitehouse a message and looks like he got the point.

Today is Wednesday the end of a three day run of perfect weather. Beautiful bright sun driven days—the true Indian Summer—70 degree weather. I went out at lunch and ran across town in my electric wheelchair, perfect. Even though the temperature was 70 degree the wind was picking up as a front approached Salt lake. The wind was whipping the trees and the leaves were coming off in gumps. Even as I type I see the clouds are flowing in, patchy gray clouds which promise rin, snow and lower temps. Lucky for me I have meetings in the late afternoon so I was planning on bringing my van in tomorrow which is good since the rain should be in town maybe even snow and a lot cooler. Then Friday I am off for Veterans Day. I have nothing planned for the holiday just kicking back washing clothes and hanging out. Maybe a visit to my mom’s but I may do that on Saturday.

I continue to experience pain in various parts of my body. I am going to have to check in with my doc of with some sort of physical therapist to get some attention to my shoulder. My transfers are getting dangerous. I have not fallen but I can tell I am in jeopardy. This morning I had a real difficult time dressing. I am wondering if this increased pain has anything to do with the rain coming into the area. Regardless, I have to do something which will allow me to continue at my level of independence.

The receptionist left for the air port at lunch for a trip to the coast for the weekend. We have a major meeting coming up next Tuesday. Now,with my partner gone any form of secretarial back up is gone. There are now three people in the office this afternoon, sitting in silent desperation, as the end of the day closes in. A million things need to be done by Tuesday but nothing is being done. I think I’ll wonder to the back in a few and start stocking the fridge with pop. Our council loves having their pop with their lunch. We feed these folks on Council day. This Tuesday we are having a complete turkey dinner with the exception of dressing but everything else. Shane the book keeper leaves at the end of next week then we’ll really be low staffed. The boss wants to change some of the job descriptions around so there will be better consumer program support. I do not fore see any of these changes having anything to do with me but I am open.

I gotta go fill the fridge.

No comments: