Friday, November 03, 2006

Seize The Moment

It’s Friday afternoon and I just got an email from the guy who works next to me giving his two week notice: in an office our size that is two fifths of our staff. We are down to three and a half people. So this is going to be an interesting couple of months running up to the end of the year. We might be able to hire from with in our ranks for the account position but then we would still have my partner’s position and a program position to fill. This kind of out flow almost gives me a bit of the wonder lust is it time to search a new position. I could start the new year with a new job butt hat is so much work and really I like what I do here. I would like more money but a full time job with benefits right now and a window on the West is OK.

Te office is in kind of shock right now with bookeeper’s bomb falling right after lunch. This is the guy who reminds me of SHREK. We were just getting over the transition activities from my partner leaving. It was weird enough yesterday her not even coming into work but then we had her going away lunch for her in absentia. So when she showed up for work this morning I was a bit surprised. My boss pulled the staff together for a final going away event for the girl, Halloween candy the mandatory signed card and a rock with “Carpi Diem” emblazed accoss the stone. The going away party sort of turned into a staff meeting and discussions wondered totally away from our departing workmate. The discussions had nothing to do with me so she and I wondered away from the event. She said something like she was out of there at 10:00 O-clock. I got caught up with calls and such and then I noticed she was gone and that was that. So I was a little more then starteled when the boss asked after lunch when this person was coming back for the exit interview? I piped up that I didn’t she as coming back. I said when I was talking with her after the function I saw her take the keys off her ring and place them on her desk. It all looked pretty final to me…and it was.

So in the time I have been at this position I have had three partners. One left because there was too much tension in the office, the other left cause she was just nuts and now Short Cake for a bunch of reasons including not enough money, secretary hate, probably boss hate and finially I sort of think we are a bit too liberal for this little girl. She got hired at one of the local housing authorities. One of my best friends runs the place and I know a lot of his staff are single moms who are pretty damn tough. Most single moms I know are liberal just because they have to be liberal to survivie. I think they’ll train her up very well. Carpi Diem!

No comments: