Friday, February 02, 2018

Birthday!


Groundhog Day, that's today. It is also Red Shirt day and probably most important is also my birthday. I was not going to bother my readership about the obvious but I am aweak vessel and I need get some feelings out about the day.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do about today, not that I had to do anything but after today is my birthday. The day itself was a gift. The tragedy of global warming has a bit of a silver lining (sorry to mix metaphors) in that the weather outside is absolutely beautiful. The temperature today was nearly 60° the outside feels like spring and I feel perfectly guilty enjoying the outside as much as I have this winter season. I am certain we will pay the price in the coming year and years but I saw this day as my birthday gift from the gods. I thought about it in downtown and just knocking about and maybe even take myself to lunch but I couldn't do that because I am registered for the lunch here at the apartment complex – – the first Friday lunch. It's a good thing we're doing here everyone who desires may attend a lunch hosted by one of the renters. She is a devout do-gooder is organized the first Friday lunch. For two bucks we get a “home-cooked”
meal. 

This lady is a person from England so we get a lot of English dishes. Today it was meat pies and assorted vegetables my favorite was the boiled cabbage. I also thought about taking in the movie. Weather is just perfect for taking the bus up the street. I can do this after the lunch. But after the lunch I was kind of out of the mood for a movie. However, last night at the First chapter book club which we all the Western library. I went to purchase a used book and realized I did not have my wallet. The librarian was totally kind and allowed me to take the book with me and bring back the dollar next week. I felt bad not been for the book so I decided to jump the bus and run down to the library and purchase the book. This may be the is so good it out and about in the fine weather on my birthday that I decided to give myself the present.
About a year ago I roll over my cell phone cracking the screen but the phone continued to work admirably but the last couple weeks I've been barely able to keep my phone charged because the charging port has come loose. It's my birthday so why not use this excuse. Now I have a new cell phone. Happy birthday to me.



It was the weirdest thing all morning this morning. The arrangement yesterday to get my haircut at the little hair salon on the second floor apartment complex. I had the weirdest sensation as I waited for Sarah, who runs the salon to show up. I kept thinking about the lunch and how it was really a birthday lunch for me. How crazy is that? Each time I had that thought I have to almost physically shake my head back into reality that it was not a birthday lunch. But you know what? I went to lunch and had a secret secret was his lunch was really for me. Happy birthday to me.











No comments: