Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bus Pass, New Frames and Clean Apartment!



Today was a pretty good day. I accomplished three things and spent way more money than I had anticipated but in my little mind I guess it had be done – – spending the money. But I was busy and I was out of the apartment to important things for me especially since my regular Tuesday morning meeting had been canceled. The days have warmed up even though the nights are called the snow is falling recently and many of the sidewalks that I want to use are still quite clogged with snow ice I sense the earliest stirrings of spring. The days of grown longer, winter does not stand a chance matter, the hours and minutes of daylight overrule the darkness bringing on hope. I figured it was time to reclaim my bus pass which I last more than a week ago but state capital. The holder of the pass, one Andrew Riggle, who is ever present at the Capitol building when the legislature is in session, of course was there today. I decided to make the run-up and grab the pass.

The trip was pretty straightforward – – what used to seem like forever and very challenging – – is now swift and easy as pie. I the train to the courthouse stop, and then boarded the 500 up to the Statehouse. I started at the cafeteria. I figured it was going to take a while to find Andrew,  because I was sure Andrew would be in one of the meetings scattered through the whole legislative complex. Fortunately I was more than lucky seeing Andrew as I rolled into the state House cafeteria. I couldn't believe my luck. We visited briefly I surrendered the pass I had gotten from the legislative intern and Andrew gave me my pass which looked like it had broken in half which is kind of weird but oh well a bird in the hand.

I felt pretty stoked so I decided I would head for  Costco on the way see what it would take to replace my glasses I destroyed. I'm always startled at how different Costco is during the week as opposed to the weekend. So much more civilized during the week. Again I was shocked at how smoothly my operation went at the Costco. I found that the exact  frames I destroyed, in stock and the tech would make the change while I waited. The only pinch in the whole operation was the frames, $71 altogether cost me $85 by the time I got out of there. Once again, I figured cost of doing business and try not to think about it. It's the end of the month by state pension deposited yesterday and my Social Security should be in by tomorrow I'm okay.

But the best part of my day was coming in the apartment on my return trip. Cindy makes any person had been in today. But she did an astounding job. I love my place, once Cindy has been here. Everything is clean. I saw her little bit this morning before I left for the capital and she kind of complimented me on how well at The house in the last two weeks. Her comments stroked my ego. The place really looks like an adult lives here – – go keep up the illusion.
 
And the last thing that I accomplished was calling Utah transit Authority and replacing my broken bus pass. I was informed that any puncture, breaking each other care to the bus pass somehow breaks the past and the pastoral no longer work on electronic equipment that identifies the user. The authority is sending me out a new pass – – no charge!

The day cost me real money probably upwards to a couple hundred bucks but it was situational. It's not like our law, glasses everyday in the cleaning person comes twice a month – – I may have to rethink the frequency of her visits. Still though it was a pretty good day.

No comments: