Thursday, February 08, 2018

Drill… Just A little



Now for the rest of the story – – you remember Paul Harvey? Paul Harvey always said “now for the rest of the story” right after the halfway break in his daily broadcast. I remember a time my mother and grandmother listened to Paul Harvey faithfully. Paul Harvey's voice was and still is comfort food for my ears

Previously on Meadowlarks Mind: I just made arrangements with my doctor/dentist across the street to come in this afternoon. This makes three important events for me today. Coffee social at 9:30 AM, dental intervention and Last Chapter Book Club at 4 PM over at the West Jordan library. A little worried about Last Chapter, not knowing what to expect from the dentist. I didn't think the dental procedure would be so invasive, so long or painful that I would miss the book club altogether. By the same token I did not want to be so novocained up that I would not be able to read out loud coherently let alone the drooling. I really want to read with the folks at the book club.

Across the street to my dentist's office about a half an hour before my schedule appointment. I was kind of hoping I would be taken early if I were there early that was not to happen. The receptionist came out advised me that they had ran into a “backup” did I mind waiting a bit more? No problem I said returned to my book. 10 minutes following my scheduled time they called me and led me into the dental suite. My dentist has three suites and I have to use the middle because it's the only sweet large enough to accommodate my power chair. My doc is cool because he operates on my mouth with me in my chair, I'm saved the burden of transferring, I just lay my chair back and he goes to work. I'm so pleased to report nothing horrible happened in fact after shooting my mouth (this was the only bit of excitement as my dentist struck a nerve as he was numbing out my mouth. I cannot say the pain was excruciating but certainly got my attention). Then it was literally 30 seconds of drilling and then applying the new filling and I was finished! I was up and out and waiting for my bus and heading South to the library.

I got to the library a full half hour before the the read was to begin. We jumped right in as soon as Debbie handed out the books. I was there in line and I read. I did not do too bad the left side of my tongue still felt like rubber but I could enunciate clearly enough to get by. The other participants didn't seem to mind and non laughed.

So that's the rest of the story. I did okay. I still cannot believe I was able to get in and out the procedure scheduled within 24 hours of the crumbling of that ancient filling. I was not any proceeding the procedure and I guess I cannot wait easily a week for the next opening but I want to get the procedure finished I want to get on my life I want to enjoy the upcoming weekend without fear of a tooth or old cavity going nova.I didn't think that was too much to ask… Good day!

No comments: