Thursday, February 15, 2018

Meetings



I have two competing meetings today. This is great I love the fact that I have to make a choice between two meetings. In all fairness/honesty let me first say that the one meeting, the board meeting for Utah non-nonprofit housing, the organization that owns the property in which I live. The organization which kind of bent the rules which allow me to get in to this unit literally the same day that I applied. The Utah nonprofit housing or meeting is the meeting I should have chosen to go to but I did not.

Today Thursday which means that it's coffee social day. I sit next to Pat who also serves on the board of directors can take that position quite seriously. I like Pat a lot, I've grown to like Pat a lot when I first met her Pat annoyed the hell out of me Pat is one of those folk who believes they know everything. She would not admit to such but she is but she is also genuinely lovable. Pat informed me when I rolled into the coffee social that today was board meeting and was I going. No, I said, I was not going I had a previous engagement.

As you know for the past couple of months actually since September I have had Next Chapter book group every Thursday from 4 to 5 PM. This was that reading group my former boss got me into. I've really grown to enjoy this book group as much as I enjoy Pat. In fact I had no trouble making the decision to attend Next Chapter. I was quite taken aback at how quickly I made this decision and not really that I know why. I got to thinking. I didn't get a notification (that I can see) of the meeting for Utah nonprofit housing however, I know that this meeting is a reoccurring meeting every 2 to 3 months. I usually attend I'm proud of my attendance record. In fact I remember last meeting I chose the Utah nonprofit group over Next Chapter. I took a few minutes to figure out my decision which was at Next Chapter we were actually finishing the book we've been reading as a group set September. I felt I had a commitment to finish the book with the crew. I also remember in the past when it was just a regular reading session I abandoned the reading group to attend my Utah nonprofit board meeting. I think I made the right decision. Pat said she was let the board know that I was doubled booked. She volunteered to bring back any materials she deems important.

I was surprised it took nearly the whole hour to finish the book. There is just one chapter left which we read. This is the first book in a series of three next week we will start the second in the series and everyone is looking forward to the event. Unless we are finishing the book when the next meeting of the Utah nonprofit convenes I will be at the Utah nonprofit board meeting doing my duty . Attending this meeting is the least I can do for having such a great place to live.

No comments: