Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Thank You DD



I never get tired of being surprised at how good life is. I cherish the little things that make my life as incredible as it is. I do not deserve all the surprises that I get. I worried all day yesterday that I put my pants that any minute. I really felt unsettled. I surmise this was because I rushed myself through my bowel program yesterday morning. This feeling of unease plagued me all day long subsiding when I lay down for bed. I worried all night about getting up and going to my Assist meeting this morning. I could easily have called in and told David I could not make the meeting and he would have no problem. After all, a couple years ago it was at this meeting I dumped a major load in my pants,so he knew what the consequences could be. I did call in to see if there would be a meeting and there was. I was still feeling a definite risk but not enough to miss the meeting. I saddled up and went in.

This was a good move on my part. It seemed each minute of distance between my apartment and my meeting, my stomach settled down more and more. By the time I got to Library station was I feeling pretty good, good enough to stop in to Dunkin' Donuts to get some coffee and a couple of donut holes.
I find it pretty interesting that Dunkin' Donuts will risk not selling by publishing how many calories the products are. For example don't holes are 70 cal each. I wish I had the rest of the information I needed to calculate how many points each donut hole is but one donut hole can't be very much. I started the process when I got in line thinking they would just order two donut holes, one chocolate and one glazed. By the time that it was my turn to order I had fudged my order by two to chocolate and two glazed donut holes. I still felt pretty good about myself even though I had weakened significantly. 280 calories that's double. I ordered a small coffee then zipped across the street to the library. I had a couple minutes before I had to be at the meeting so I thought I would have at least two of my little donut holes.

In the warming morning, February sun I gazed into my sack was totally shocked. There were at least 10 donut holes looking back at me! I ordered four but there is at least four chocolate and six glazed. I thought about going back and letting them know someone had made a mistake but in my heart I knew
no mistake had been made. Somebody thought they were being kind to me (and they were, I appreciate the gesture). This many donut holes of course is a lot more than 4×7 calories. This was a gift of sorts which I will treat as such. I'm not going to gobble them up all in one setting but enjoy these donut pieces over the next day with morning coffee. And maybe, just maybe tomorrow on Valentine's Day I will make up a story in my head that someone sent me donut holes for Valentine's Day sort of like how I may believe that the first Friday lunch with my birthday party.

No comments: