Friday, February 09, 2018

The Fool On The Hill




I had lunch and coffee today with my friend Lori at the community college it was a good meeting.We agreed to meet at 10:30 AM in the cafeteria. Lori has to be at work at 1 o'clock minute of building but we always push our meetings to the point where she is usually a bit late by the time that she gets to her office area.. We do not speak about earth shattering things but the conversation is nice, more appropriate than our texting's at least my side of the texts usually. Lori usually by some lunch stuffs and shares. Today it was fruit and some sort of deep-fried bread stuff with some Italian seasonings of some sort. We talked longer than they should have. I have gotten calls from the people from DRAC regarding a piece of legislation being heard today the Capitol Hill. The legislation was to do with the local Americans With Disabilities Act and how the law was prosecuted in the area. I think the major focus of this hearing was regarding frivolous type lawsuits. People working the law to make money for my sake as opposed to trying to bring about more accessible services and programs and vendors from the public. The hearing was at 3:40. I felt sure that I had enough time sending Lori to a to get on a bus and head up to the state capital. I was wrong. I was focused and I triedwith all my might but I did not get to the hearing until about 4:20 PM. I'm still trying to sift through what was going on that I did not make it. I knew I was going to be a little late but had no idea I would be so late. I'm sure the dreadful think I'm a real jerk because I can be selected these things but they should be glad I even showed. I really want to see what the hearing was about and I really have a difficult time justifying staying away since the hearing specified the ADA.

I wish I read my emails better, Barbara poorly specified exactly where and where the hearing is to be. I still wanted around the Capitol building and finally over to the site building the House building and even then took me half an hour it seemed to find the committee room. I finally got inside and the meeting was quite interesting. Some of the testimony got a little point in here and there. I was a bit embarrassed by some of the testimony given by folks on my side of the aisle. Disjointed testimony sometimes not even having relevance to the topic and all of the testimony seem to go long. I was having trouble peeingg all day. Not necessarily actually peeing but having to pee. I want him to look like the chairman was getting to the end of his rope about ready to shut down the whole process and sprinted out to the bathroom and did my business. I felt I had done enough it was almost 5:30 PM and I want to make it home not really sure how late the bus would leave the building. I was pretty sure I could catch the 6:15 PM bus at least. I made the bus but realized that I no longer had my bus pass! I wasn't about to go traipsing through all my back steps through the capital but I had the bus pass when I got to the Capital. I Was Too Exhausted to Worry about It When I Got on the Bus. A Kid and white shirt and tie asked if I was, go to the end of the Mark I answered in the affirmative. White shirt and tie informed me that he found my bus pass and had given it to my friend Andrew Riggle. It Andrew had bypass I would be able to pick it up for sure on Monday when he goes to work. I don't know how much I would need the Bus Pass over the weekend but then this kid, whose name is Sam and who is a intern at the capital gave me his capital bus pass indicating he did not need his at this point in because he had another bus pass from the University of Utah where he was a student. What a nice guy? I kind of wish yet not offered the past is hard not to take it so I took it the bus driver was set to give me a package of tokens which I would rather have had but actually did really matter of validity of a right anyway and I wouldn't miss that much riding if I didn't ride over the weekend – – but now I even had a bus pass if I needed.

I didn't give any testimony, I was not prepared to nor was I asked. I showed up though even if I was a bit of a flake showing up late. I'm glad though that I went it was good to be part of the process and good to be up on Capitol Hill. This is where I really need to be.

No comments: