Thursday, May 18, 2023

Another Board Meeting

 

It was another almost perfect day for bus riding today. And that's good because I had my Utah nonprofit housing board meeting today which is basically in downtown Salt Lake. Today was also the coffee social which I didn't have to worry too much about this week because my partner Irene, has been taking a large part of the responsibility for the production of this particular event. She'd been doing this for a number of years in a couple weeks ago she basically quit prepping in getting the area ready for the social because I think she thought people didn't really care – – which is not the case at all. However this morning, she made another announcement that she was no longer going to do the preparation. Again, this is okay with me. I can get the job done I just need to know, who will or who will not help. The task I agree is a bit arduous especially if your person with limited physical abilities. I think one of the problems that brought this person out of “retirement” in the 1st place was that the kitchen wasn't being cleaned as well as it was when she was in charge of the event. I don't think she can let go of this part of the equation as far as the coffee social goals. Someone's going to make coffee and I don't think this person's good are happy with the way either the coffee turns out or the way they kitchen looks when we're done. This is all the drama of life in the facility such as this that's okay it makes everything interesting.


The attendance at coffee social this week was way down probably just half of what it usually is but $7 was collected and that is how much would collect the last couple weeks . I found out that we actually have a ton of money in the coffee account I'll just have to get more aggressive on how I spend it. I just usually go over to the dollar store across the street and get hard cookies graham type cookies dunked in chocolate or crisscrossed in chocolate, rockhard oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies and many more for just a the dollar 25 a package and 3 packages is more cookies that are usually eaten. If a person has a vehicle we can actually spring for more donuts which we had today which were okay but the person got 2 dozen donuts so there are quite a feud donuts left over when I had left the common room. The meeting I had today was at the home office of the organization which built the apartment complex I live in. The actual meeting was started at 1 PM after we were to gobble up our boxed lunch which is pretty good I have to admit. I had Turkey and cranberries sandwich with the chips and chocolate chip cookie. I didn't try to eat little package of rice.


The board meeting lasted almost 3 hours from about 1 to 4 PM p.m. I thought this was one of the better meetings we've had. I'm one of the senior board members now just because I've survived longer than most of the others. I have a good friend a couple of them who also served on this board as long as I have if not longer. Some of these folks have not seen since the pandemic was good to see them again. We sat, we had our lunch, we had the meeting and we helped us paid even me which is a 1st. I think because I had to end up sitting at the front of the room as opposed to usually in the back right usually set. I was surprised at how how welcome the front of the room was to me I'll have to remember that for next time. The next meeting is in August several soon be over somehow less depressing…

No comments: