Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Breathe Deep… Repeat

 



I didn't sleep as well as I would've liked and I don't think it was because I had a scheduled dental appointment this morning, trips to the dentist don't bother me as they once did. I've blogged about this in the past. I'd want to get to bed kind of early just because I wanted to face the dentist fully alert or as much as I can under the influence of nitrous oxide. Because I wasn't sure what I would feel like after their time in the dentist chair and still doing my 1 hour workout I elected to do my wash yesterday and was up late folding hanging clothes and still didn't get to bed till the lack of 12 AM amazing. The most painful issue about this appointment is the factual cost half $1000. The good doctor and company has offered to let me set up some sort of payment plan which I'll explore with them at a later date.


My appointment for 11 AM I elected to show up at 1030 in hopes of May be getting the show on the road and me in and out of the office and may be catching the afternoon movie or at least lunch. I've been promising myself at Applebee's lunch for the longest time and always forget but the day may be will be the day. The dentist is full-day probably even backed up I didn't get into the “operating room” until almost 11 AM. Cindy my favorite office worker and dental tech/assistant asked if I wanted the nitrous oxide will of course. Even though it costs it doesn't matter to me since the cost is going be so high anyway the few minutes I'll be under N. O. will be inconsequential compared to the cost of the temporary crown. The righteous reader will remember we decided a temporary crown would be the least expensive way to go in its permanence again is inconsequential since I'll probably kick off before the temporary crown fails – – win-win? As I said, the office is quite busy today all the rooms are full of hygienist was cleaning teeth like crazy and all the other staff were attended to folks as well. They parked me and a new room this time it is an added bonus plug me into the nitrous oxide and I begin inhaling. Sadly I found that one can build a tolerance to the effects of nitrous oxide which every time I hear this I swear I'm not the use of the next time like anybody who's addicted to drugs you just search for the “high” that drug will produce. And I did inhaling my brains out trying to get just a little bit higher if possible. About 30 minutes into my inhale a thon I started hearing conversations are pieces of conversations about whether or not they would be able to perform the work today. The dentist was going to go old school and fashion the crown himself as opposed to I guess “sending it out”. Everyone was sure they had the ingredients to do so somewhere possibly in the basement which brought up all kinds of scenes in my minds eye. Well, basement is as little building have? What a great setting for a Stephen King. Anyway, to make a long story short someone had misplaced the ingredients needed to produce this tooth or crown for my tooth. I was a free man, dodging any further numbing of my mouth and whatever else the temporary crown would produce. My new appointment is 1 June I just hope the weather will be better…


No comments: