Friday, May 19, 2023

Perfect Punch?

 



I'm looking for a letter opener which seems pretty easy to find but I'm having a real challenge finding one on Redwood Road. Just something simple slit open mail. I think I'm just going to have to make one. I'm toying with the idea of taking the part where the cheap pairs of scissors I have kick it around the apartment and then using the sharp end side of the blade as my letter opener. I'll keep my eyes open for a nice fancy one but until then the scissor half will have to do.


Every year we, folks who live at the apartment complex that I do, have to fill out a form and supply information and then magically a week or so later a check comes in the mail for a hefty sum of money. At least I thought it hefty. This year is almost $300! It's called the renters rebate check, some kind of state run program. By check came this morning in the mail and since I was showered and dressed and ready to go I figured why not jump the bus had down to mount America and process the check. Today was perfect for bus riding not to hot but really not cold all even with the breeze. I feel pretty good no pain on my butt and no wounds either in my home health person did a pretty good job on the tape up this morning so I should be good to go all day. I checked other new mount America branch which was about 30 streets north of my apartment but still on Redwood Road a straight shot on the bus. It worked out great crossing the street for the return trip was just as good and quick. However, I decided I would do that search for the letter opener so I got off about 5400 S. and like I said I did some searching but did not come up with any letter opener and is also searching for some round foam rubber items that I could use as a build up for my safety razor. I wandered around a number of stores particularly craft type stores that's right thought I'd seen this item before but I didn't find really anything I could use. I'm going to have to default, I think to my occupational therapist and see if I can get some that way. I really should have some around the house/apartment here Dianne always had stuff like that in pretty decent quantities. I'll just have to look harder. Anyway as I was at this great crash shop called Joannes I came across this item which I didn't realize what was the time I thought it was just a meatloaf is which I think I could use very much in opening up my zipper pulls. Somewhere in my blog I've talked about the fact that my hand functions very limited and to use my zippers I have to have a way to hook my fingers through a loop of some sort the poll and I've found that using fishing leader I can make these loops but the fasteners very intricate and the have a difficult time open them up and I was hoping with this little item it would allow me to do that. I looked at the thing pretty closely but I failed to see this was actually a punch and not a vice a paid like $21 for it and shockingly I had the market down from $42! The service saleslady was great she actually found via 60% of coupon. Still quite a bit of money for something like this but I think I could make it work if it doesn't be money well spent. But I get too excited sometimes and even though I do best right there in front of me what it is what I want to see is what I want to see that it is not necessary what it is if that makes any sense at all.I don't know how long it'll take me to get around to playing with this should be fun one where the other. enjoy the weekend…

No comments: