Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday Tell All

 


I think I told you about having my stamps placed so could not get the kid letters out this morning, which is just as well it is not 1st of the month yet. But it was Tuesday or Tuesday so I going into town anyway for my Assist, Inc. meeting and I figured as long as downtown I would stop the downtown post office and pick up some stamps. No big deal? Right? Well it turned into a big deal when I got to where the post office was supposed to be but place was totally gone with just a scrawl message on a wall of an address which really did not make sense. So my plans changed: I would just head back home get off 5400 S. and just purchase stamps at Harmon's. Since I was downtown anyway I decided to have lunch at Siegfried'sDeli one of my favorite joints. I probably had more calories then I needed but it was so good even though it was maximum carbohydrates.



I took the blue line home which was pretty uneventful with the exception of a problem I seem to be developing with my power chair. The front end, the foot box seems to be hanging lower than usual causing me to scrape on everything especially the buses entry. Fortunately the drivers I ran into were very patient and I loaded and unloaded without issue.I picked up afew other things one of which was a bag of grapes I noted the price $2.79 a didn't feel like 8 pounds but it was I didn't have the courage or the well to say no I don't want to purchase this something like $18 for a bag of grapes! I must tell you however the fruit is excellent! Firm green succulent grapes. I figured I deserve a grade break, brought the grapes home washed them totally enjoy now. Oh, when I got to my apartment door was locked. This did not surprise me since I put in request for work on my nonfunctional refrigerator. It was still quite warm. I guess the maintenance guy locked out after he finished – – not surprising. I never lock my apartment. I wasn't even sure that I have a key – – actually I knew that I did have a key but I never use it for fear of being caught out.. I went up front got the manager Jennifer came it opened the door. And by the way we found my key, it was on my key ring which dangles off my chair arm. The key with out of recognition. I don't remember what I did to destroy the key when a new ones coming so Jennifer says.


The high point of my day was breakfast. Last night I received a knock at my door and it was my neighbor across the hall. She asked if I like pizza and of course I love pizza. She foisted a pizza box on my half of which was pepperoni and half was Hawaiian pineapple. I took it, of course.I didn't care if it was cold a local pizza in fact as I said that's what I enjoyed this morning as I got ready for my day. This should be enough pizza to get me to the end of the week.


My odometer says I have traveled 6.7 miles today. I do not believe that is totally accurate. It's more like I went 5 miles. I think I forgot to 0 out mileage last night when I plugged in my charger. It was a good day…

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Siegfried's Deli - Oh my, what'd you have?

Try the grapes in a mason jar (or a plastic container?) in the frig. Just don't forget they're in there!

Dianne said...

Where did the Downtown Post Office go?