Thursday, May 11, 2023

Fender Bender

 



once again my chair continues to defy me. I just cannot seem to catch a break with this piece of equipment. This morning after I had gotten up around 6 AM after a pretty decent sleep I noted that my chair was having some problems. Something seemed to be rubbing on wheels I thought perhaps I picked up one of my shoes (which I often do) and shoe was wedged between the frame of the wheelchair and the drive wheel. This is irksome but not a big deal just have to back up until the shoe and lodges itself. That did not seem to be happening today however I just felt a clunk every time I backed up until finally I reached down and I could tell that my fender was loose. Just another thing to do it in the way of total enjoyment of my day and chair. The founders still felt like it was attached to the chair but just barely. Obviously some screw her bold has come loose and leftover fender hanging. Luckily for me it's Thursday the only thing I had going today was Coffee Social. I still had all the goodies at my apartment and I had to make sure that they got bound Irene who was setting out the tables and getting the coffee ready. So I hurriedly got dressed enough to be in public anyway no shoes for today. I eventually went back to the apartment to put in a call to my mechanic Allen who eventually got back to me indicating that he would try to get by that didn't happen.


The worldly clouds today but there is a cool-ish breeze blowing which made sitting out a bit challenging. I really want to get to the market to pick up a few things by tomorrow morning. I often try to have whatever my staff would like for breakfast would become and service me. Melissa let me know that I was down to 1 being burrito and she really likes those. I told her to take the burrito but she wouldn't stating that that was my last burrito and I should have it. Actually I pretty much got the burritos for her anyway but I want to go ahead and get another package at least maybe some taquitos as well she likes those lot. Well, that didn't happen today . At 4:45 PM I called space I called the wheelchair shop specifically Alan to let him know that we could do it tomorrow. He advised me that he was socked in tomorrow timewise but would stop by the apartment around 8 AM to eyeball the situation and do a quick fix if that can be done. I kind of think they vendors are kind of cosmetic at best though I have to admit that during the winter I have noticed the fenders really prevents water, snow and mud from being thrown up on the back of the chair. That's about all however I can live without that. I'd forgotten that I have lights on the back of my chair and to the fenders. We'll just have to see what happens. I could be building up a list of things that I will have to give up my chair for a day to get them all repaired but hopefully that's a couple weeks down the line. So today I just stayed in pretty much going up finishing my current novel Lisa's Story I truly enjoyed the read. I read the story to her 3 times it's worth the 500 pages. I wish I had another Stephen King perhaps a more current volume. Maybe I'll had done to DI and check their books listings. Still trying to clean up the apartment. Yesterday I actually ran into a space cleaning service something about Maids. They charge $125 for 2 people for one hour. I should do it is just hard spend that much money on the apartment/myself. But 2 people who knew what they were doing could really straighten up this place a lot I'll have to ponder and agonize the idea. Still it when I see those kind of prices message is one find some local lady who wants to make a few extra bucks to give me a couple hours a week. I got to do something the place is getting out of hand

No comments: