Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday Night whine

 


I am beginning to sound like a world-class whiner but these are the events of my life and they make me unhappy so I tend of whine. If you can't deal with it is always another blog. Anyway, I was really going to be proactive and use this last week before the 1st of the month to get my kid letters written, envelopes and stamped and ready to be posted on the 1st. This of course would guarantee recipients getting the documents by the end of the 1st week hopefully of June. I had some things to do so I could not really get into writing the letters so much as I had a little time to like could at least get the envelopes printed and stamped. And of course, the printer is not working. It started out by paper jamming the envelopes naturally quite a process to get down to the mechanism that actually has the paper jam and then pull the distraught envelope out. This process takes not only the ability to open the top of the printer mechanism the lid and the glass pane that you place the document on you want to copy but then you have to pinch 2 items together and lift a piece of the printer to get to the paper jam. I thought I had rectified the problem couple times but it was not working and then to make matters worse as I rose trying to play with the peace I was dragging the whole computer off the ledge of the countertop and saved it just by grabbing the top of the printer I think extended past the point from which it was supposed to fold. I didn't hear cracker anything but I sensed something give and now it doesn't look right sitting on top of the printer. I think I'm at the point where I've got a have somebody look at the printer or use this is a wild excuse to purchase another printer and I really don't want to do that. I guess the worst case scenario is that I and address the envelopes that I don't have printed so far which is about 5. And the only problem there being the last couple times I've tried to send out and printed envelopes they've ridden returned as unreadable (see Christmas cards posting). You would think this organization would have a printer that would do envelopes. And to be honest, I haven't even tried printing the letters themselves yet. That would just be too depressing to have suffered through on a Saturday night.


I'm just going to briefly cover this last item since I'm whining in general. But the last couple days my refrigerator assumed to be warmer than usual. I don't know if it started earlier in the week when I noticed in the ice tray or the icemaker dumps the ice all the is it solidified into one giant piece of ice. Usually I can just break it up and put it into the is been but this I couldn't do. It's about the same time I noticed that the lower part of the refrigerator did not seem to be as cold/cool as usual. The milk seemed warmer to the taste if that makes any sense. I really haven't seem to have lost anything yet more than usual. But I finally have to sense that there's something definitely wrong. I've tried to play with the mechanism that governs the temperature would seem to make no difference at all. I mistakenly twisted the wheel all the way to the end and now I can't and twist it so everything should be frozen solid below the freezer. But I kind of think it's the freezer (even though it's not making ice cubes it's still cold up there enough that everything still frozen and I can refreeze things) is this cold air seeping down that might be the only thing that is saving what little food I have in the refrigerator. And I know this is now happening for a couple days and why did I not reported before Friday? I just didn't and now it's a holiday weekend people aren't due back till Tuesday. Maybe I'll stick the milk in the freezer…

No comments: