Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Board Meeting Jitters


I think I will try to get to bed early tonight. For some reason I woke up at 5 AM thinking I had to pee but after a few minutes only drained about 200 ML's which felt like it was at least 400. I really didn't get back to sleep after this event but laid in bed at least till 6 AM when I finally got up and got ready for my home health person who shows up between 830 and 8:45 AM usually. This allows the time to roll out of bed get myself situated in the power chair, make my morning drink, start the coffee and shave and usually make the bed too. Sometimes I even pick up around the table and stuff. My caregiver and I have a laid-back relationship and so it really doesn't matter what the apartment looks like she's here to provide services to be and maybe grab a frozen burrito, couple hot coffee or whatever she needs to get going in her day. I relate all this information specifically to justify (not that I need going to bed earlier than usual. I was not to sleep starved today but I certainly yawned more than usual but I even made it out to the market and got some AA batteries I did for the clock in the bathroom. So's not like I've been not utilizing the day to its full potential. I was even able set out in the sun and read for a bit.


Going to bed early, hopefully will ensure, that I will be functional tomorrow but only for coffee social but I found out that I have an annual board meeting tomorrow from 1 to 4 PM downtown at the corporate office. The corporate office for this facility that I live in that I'm also on the board of directors thereof. I could've copped out electing to zoom the meeting but then I would deprive myself of an ice cold sandwich and a can of pop. I really do like my participation on this board I been on the board for a number of decades now. It's basically pure low income housing something I totally believe in specially now as times of gotten so bizarre and inflation getting totally out of control. It's a good group that I meet with the other a little naïve as far as the whole disability thing goes except for providing low income housing for some folks with disabilities and many folks disabilities were older. Senior who have physical disabilities I think you're a little bit different than folks who are younger who have physical disabilities. When you're a senior account expected to have these challenges and expect you to act a certain way so I think they build a certain way in these apartment complexes. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that too much here aside from the weird little things like not be able to use the workout room here in the building are across the street at the senior center. There really only for folks who are able-bodied enough to get around tight spaces. But at least I get to be on the board and I'm able to make comment and just keep the finger on the pulse of what were doing here at Utah nonprofit housing sometimes us the best one can do…

No comments: