Monday, April 19, 2021

Dandelion Dreams

 



The sun rose on a brisk cloudless morning. It was not too cold the least that's what my home health person said, Melanie, when she asked me if I was going out today. She does it really need to know just one of those things I guess home health people ask their clients I guess a form of concern. I told her I wasn't sure wended my mind I had made it clear to me that I was going out I was going to jump the bus Ride across town Murray to check on Dianne but also to drop off a couple of charging plugs to help with her technology to keep her cell phone charged. Dianne gave me her last charging plug when she gave me the new charging device with the magnetic tip which allows charging your cell phone without having to slide a piece in and out effectively wearing out the plug-in but eventually your ability of charger cell phone. I wasn't sure at first but not quite love the magnetic the tip just clings right onto the cell phone conveniently charging the phone without wearing out the jack port.One of the best things about this little charger is that it clings onto the cell phone and charges the cell phone actually glows blue, it's a little blue light, the light is quite nice to look at the dark as the cell phone charges. Dianne in turn the number of items, food items which she can no longer eat due to her medical condition. I'm more than willing to take those goods of her hands I feel guilty because it's really good food. More than anything else heading over to the house was a good reason to leave my apartment this morning for whatever adventure the day might bring..


I was overwhelmed as I headed out following my Monday morning constitutional. I was have to wait a few minutes/hour following my bowel movement just to make sure everything is taken care of. Sometimes I really feel at risk following such a day but today I was okay. Checking the weather forecast was for mild temperatures but clouds coming in by noon is another cold front charges into the Taylorsville area. Anyway, I was overwhelmed when I went through the gate onto the sidewalk on River Road to find out that over the evening dandelions had sprouted everywhere! I mean I would've noticed these yesterday when I went to breakfast with Mark Anthony the dandelions were not out but today there are everywhere. I had presence of mind to take a couple images with my cell phone. The only thing which would have made this morning's journey better If Joni Mitchell's “Chelsea morning” was playing in the background everywhere I went.


By afternoon, after Dianne I had visited, and after I wandered over to Burlington Coat Factory and the Goodwill store searching for a stool or venture something to put outside my door for pizzas delivered from dominoes in the quick stop at McDonald's for a cheeseburger I could sense the clouds coming in. Cool North when picked up and at times became quite strong. Somewhere along the line I lost my favorite vest. Not a big loss. It was beginning to wear out are more honestly I was beginning to tear it up. I just hope I can find another vest I liked as good as this one anyway. It was a Chelsea morning with dandelions everywhere not bad for Monday…

No comments: