Saturday, April 10, 2021

I Like Pie



I couldda shoulda done more with my beautiful Saturday but I just couldn't seem to get going. I actually cooked a relatively decent breakfast with a can of Vienna sausages “chicken” thanks to Dianne who sent me over a bunch yesterday to fried eggs sunny side up with a couple pieces of] pumpernickel rye for toast. The only item I did not have which I could've enjoyed was some form of starch:

hashbrowns preferably but I was on top of the ball that much. I did have my morning cocktail of tomato juice and vinegar with mother. So I drew that more dishes made a mess of my prep area but had a good time – – is now at Saturday mornings are for?


A more long sleeves even though I knew the temperature would be getting up toward 70° I just don't believe the weather people anymore. It's not like I was going on a long outing just across the street, at least to grab some bananas. By the time I finally got out of the apartment it was after 1 o'clock more like 2 PM in what was meant as a fast – tune into a bit more. I did get my bananas but I also grapes green this time, it buttercups for movie viewing later on perhaps and the best treat ever a frozen apple pie. Florida have a gripe today this would be that gripe. I spent almost 8 dollars for this pie it's a Marie Calendars lattice apple pie which I didn't know was the actual name of a kind of five. I guess what I was looking for, and my market did not have, with just a cheap two dollar or three dollar frozen pie in a aluminum disposable pie pan and that would be just fine I didn't need no Cadillac pie. Their other pies that were even more money name brands that I don't remember right now but there were huge in comparison and I could have purchased one but why? I just wanted a cheap little pie. I guess I could have purchased one of those Cutie pies, you know those pastries that has a high dipped in sugar glaze of some sort in a paper wrapper. The used to cost like $.15 which was a pretty good deal but now it's like a bucket half or more unless you get them on sale. These are okay and pinch but it's hard to call a real pie. I shouldn't of done it but I did I got the Callender pie! I brought the whole pile home little box I took with me for the express purpose of not buying too much. I got all the box but had to rely on one my favorite checkout people to negotiate all the materials in the box fit and proper. I threw the pie in the oven immediately inside my copper box cooked it for an hour and of now let it cool down. It's pitiful when your blog entry has to be about your day in the market.


So if I'm fortunate all have pie this evening for my treat of the week and maybe a new Amazon prime or Netflix…

No comments: