Thursday, April 08, 2021

Series Seriously?



My latest irritation is the phrase “always on streaming” or something like that basically the new concept in entertainment of getting your entertainment anytime. I know I'm begin to sound like an old fogey but seriously “any time”? This is another example of something that I really don't like that I tend to use if not abuse periodically. Last night for example I started watching The Umbrella Academy. I have of course already seen season one and season two. Last week texting with one of my daughters Bridget indicated she was watching the series again. Before I knew it I jumped online and watched the last four episodes of season two then they before yesterday I started watching season one just because I could. It's their anytime day or night. I forgot how much I enjoyed this series.


Now I know that doesn't sound like I'm irritated that time in love with the whole concept of streaming but a kind to hate missing the anticipation of waiting for the next episode to be released on its regular day. For example it's Thursday evening and I've waited all week to watch the next episode of Young Sheldon . I try to get everything finished on Thursdays before 7 PM when the air the episode. I even tell people or suggest that if they're going to text or call me they might want to wait till after 7:30 PM. I just love waiting for the episode to air. Now there's been times that somethings come up and I haven't been able to catch the show at the time and I have gone on to one of the providers and streamed the episode which is great! The best things of this technology age. Not necessarily streaming but the independence and options such a technology offers.


Thursday night used to be the best night for television for me. Not only was a good television with everything from Mork and Mindy to St. Elsewhere, Gray's anatomy, and of course the classic Seinfeld. There's a host of other shows but also played that are either forgetting I don't have the time to list. The point is I waited for these and always rewarded when they would start. I love that feeling. It doesn't matter anymore. We live in a time when we want to watch something we just stream in. I know I'm just being all crotchety because I should be happy that this service is available and almost free. I just can't bring myself however to watch new episodes of the series I might be following before their time. Set to ridiculous or what? It's not an addiction. I love the fact that I can and find a series like UBA and I can watch it or stream it one, two or all of the episodes in one sitting if I want to. I haven't done that, all episodes at once, but I have done two or three and that's good I guess for me anyway. But like I said that's for old series like Christmas like to wait for the next episode when it's supposed to be aired not when I wanted just because I wanted…


No comments: