Saturday, April 17, 2021

No Contact Pizza Delivery

 




Another confession. Until today I have never ordered a pizza either by phone or by computer. However, today I did for no particular reason except that when I tried to make fried potatoes and onions this morning none of the onions I had in the house, and I had a bag of onions, were said to be used. I've heard of one bad apple spoiling the lot but never for one bad onion but that's what it looked like when I went to find an onion to dice. I thought sure of the bag of six or seven onions I would find one that would be usable. I truly should look to for our begin the project because when I needed the onion I had already started fried potatoes, green pepper and Vienna sausages. I thought I'd just put problem onion slice slice dice dice throw them in… Not to be however. My Saturday morning breakfast did not have onions. That seems, I know, a long shot from no onions at breakfast to a full pizza, first-time order for dinner.


I don't know if I'm typical but eyesores since that I kind it am a lot of males out there who have never done this basic thing because there is always somebody else to do it whether it is a wife person, a teenage daughter or a kid who knows what he's doing. For some reason these guys have that skill and I've never picked up. But today I wanted to do something with onions and for some reason ordering a pizza seem like a good trade-off as bizarre as that is. I like Domino pizza I wish it was closer so I could easily roll over and fetch it bring it back to the apartments but it's a bit of a jaunt. So about 5 o'clock this afternoon I went to the latest pizza commercial it by mailbox and started building a pizza. I've never done this either and it was more than a little intimidating. Everything is saved my bacon was that I'm still operating under the illusion that since I recently got the Stimulus money I can afford just about anything in the pizza arena. So I figured painful as it might be a Really make a mistake. I can write it off as the learning curve. I tried not to freak out when the total at completion was $23 and some change. This is for a 14 inch pizza with a number of add-ons like meat and you know black olives, mushrooms, green peppers etc. etc. Obviously, you pay for all those extras. Perhaps I would've Pussied out had I been speaking to a real-life person and heard myself say $23.25! Plus the delivery charge three dollars and some change and then the tax it was almost 30 bucks! And I did add a tip, 10%! However, with me in the cell phone that was it. I could even use PayPal this is all way too easy. I got a thin crust which is much more thin for the anticipated. I thought the pizza was pretty good I don't think it was $30 good. After I had ordered I found a 10% off coupon. There's probably other discounts I confused as well I am going to learn how to use them all. The pizza though kind of round was not cut like regular pizza it was cut a little squares which I thought was pretty strange. But I've got something now to put into the fridge or probably just leave out on the stove to “cure” over the next couple of days. I'm going to write this off as an expensive learning experience. It could've been a lot worse a could've tried to order the two pizza deal – – – so much to learn. And I didn't even talk about the whole leaving the pizza outside the door when the delivery comes. Luckily I had an old sawhorse workbench kicking around the apartment seemed to work just fine…

No comments: