Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Get A Grip

 







The day started off with great beauty, clear skies and brisk cooler temperatures as the cold front wanders into the area. The morning was not so cold as to see one's breath but certainly cold enough to give one consideration as to whether a hood, jacket or just a good hat would be enough to where to cross the street to do a bit of shopping for bananas and whatever. I thought I had a difficult night sleeping but I did manage to drag myself out of bed around 7 AM are may be a bit earlier. But, I felt a bit of excitement primarily due to the fact that there would be no trip in the Salt Lake today the meeting was canceled last week. I feel like a kid let out of school. First on my agenda was to wash my clothes. I'm on this new agenda of washing my clothes twice a week. I notice the last couple of months I begin to dally a great deal making my dressing procedures fairly lengthy. However today, even before I shaved, I got on my shorts and a shirt wrapped the wash and ran down started the wash and doing the morning hygiene acts later. I toyed with the idea of building a big breakfast but I decided why not just go with a big old banana, a handful of raw mixed nuts and cold coffee as well is my vegetable drink.


I finished dressing once I got back from starting the wash that's with shoes side wedge and Leg binder. I thought about brewing another pot of coffee but decided I would wait and see what the day brought. I had quite a bit of cold coffee from yesterday. I was feeling productive however and decided to do a Repair on one of my sticks that I have lost the sticky tip a day or two ago. I was fortunate enough to retrieve the small piece of covering and all it would matter would be to vice up the stick and allow me to rubber band the red plastic back into position. This particular stick has become quite popular with me just because I use it to pull down the legs of my shorts once I get them on making my self more presentable. I pulled a couple new rubber bands out of my bag and drug the “work-mate” that I use the apartment. I'm considering getting a new piece of equipment but still this little Amazon purchase has really been useful. It's small and lightweight enough to be easily used in my woodworking projects in the apartment. The workbench is just a little too lightweight for my needs. Like something a little bit heavier. But anyway today I pulled the workbench around and went to widen the top to slide the stick into and I noticed that somebody had stolen/removed my handles – – turn handles. I could not believe my eyes. I didn't notice them both got first I thought perhaps the handle got loose and just fallen off when I bumped into the workbench the night before and had not noticed. I looked around the floor could not find anything and all the time my mind was working on who could've taken it are who would've taken it? I thought about my home health person she might take it as a joke then I noticed both cranks were gone. Somebody had to come in my apartment and taken them off but who would do such a weird thing. I was really begin to get spooked when all of a sudden I noticed I had the workbench turned around. It was backwards to me. I quickly flipped the bench around and there were the handles, big as Dallas. Is this a senior moment? Am I totally getting feeble? Ours is just par for my course not to talk about it too much only unless it happens again. I quickly put my stick in the vise tighten it up secured the material on my stick and just buy shorts and went out to meet my day…

No comments: