Sunday, April 25, 2021

Glass In My Coffee– – Class In My Coffee…



It's not good sign for your day when one of the first things you do was destroy your way of enjoying the legal stimulant called coffee that's exactly what I did today. But a week agoI began making coffee again I actually taken the carafe out of the coffee maker and filling it with water then pouring water into the coffee maker which I'm sure 99% of the people on the planet, who make coffee at home does. I learned a couple of years ago I could actually pull the coffee maker over to the sink open the top and take the spigot from the sink and put it in the coffee maker and fill the water up by turning the On the top. I really kind of like this it seems a lot less messy all things being equal. But for some reason I started filling the carafe with water from the tap and then pouring the craft into the coffee maker. Today I was making the coffee and I had 10 cups of water in the craft and I don't know what happened but when I was lifting the carafe up to pour into the coffee maker the whole kit and little slipped out of my hands crashing on the floor into a tidal wave filled with the thousand shards of glass at least.


This would not of been such a big deal had I not lived right across the street from the coffee shop that's closed on Sundays that this since it's a paradox. However, I figured since I was going to breakfast with Mark Anthony that I'd be able to get my caffeine fix than not thinking of what I would do for the rest of the day. Well now's the rest of the day and I'm trying to figure out who want to go over to the “superquick” that's what I call the convenience store/gas station next to my building. I've never gotten coffee there but my home health person, Melanie goes over every morning and grabs her coffee there even though I have perfectly good brew here. So, if I go over I can get a large cup bring it back and simple for the rest of the night. Just so that you know, I did crank into Amazon immediately in order to new carafe. I got hoodwinked thinking that it would be same day delivery kind of inferred that but after I made by order I realized I had to order more than a certain amount of money in order for the 24 hour delivery to kick in. So, I will not have a new coffee pot until the 28th which I guess is Wednesday probably in the afternoon sometime. Oh well, this will be a good enough reason to – over to the coffee shop early each morning to grab a cup of Joe and maybe even shoot the breeze with the owner. He actually gave me a free pound of coffee the other day. So I know he likes me.


Coffee was okay at Dee's restaurant this morning. I do like that place they bring the coffee around and give me fill ups like they should. Four weeks for Sunday morning breakfast with my son Mark Anthony we've never done this before. It's important I think for both of us particularly for me in light of the passing of my friend Kenneth earlier this week. It's too easy to miss out on life were just sitting there not doing everything he could how sad is that?

No comments: