Sunday, April 18, 2021

Illegal Aliens On The Roof!

 


You're not going to believe this and I didn't think to take any images so it's just my word against reality hopefully that's enough. I'm good do this entry like they do on movies and TV these days like this was a video I would have that phrase show up saying “29 minutes earlier you” I was sitting with my son Mark Anthony at Dee's restaurant in Taylorsville Utah having a great breakfast. We been doing this for the past three weeks every Sunday at 8 AM. Sometimes Jasmine, one of my granddaughters, joins us but not today. It was just us guys. It was a great breakfast people were out, more than usual as folks get to feeling their shots will protect them and begin to integrate back into the system. People still wearing her masks as they come into the restaurant and leave but there's a lot more communication seems like going on in the restaurant is people eat with their masks off and talk to each other. In the course of the discussion Mark informed me that he had his scooter in the backseat of his vehicle and if I didn't mind we could take off and just “zoom around” for a while which we did. Great fun.


I wasn't sure how this is going to work and I was quite glad that I had charged my chair the night before. But Mark opened up his scooter very nice device from Segway which is pretty powerful goes a lot faster than my chair. My chair tops out at 6.4 mph and I think his scooter would do around 18 mph leaving me in the dust that still okay because usually I have to really slow down when walking with him so now I had to catch up it seemed. Roamed around the parking lot of the restaurant the rollover to the market parking lot at Macy's. We wandered up and down the abandon pieces of real estate that have fallen because of Amazon/Internet as well as the Covid. It's doubtful these pieces of real estate will ever be used again but one never knows. Maybe in the abandon drugstore which is to be right aid they could put a skating rink is certainly big enough. There was a dance studio in one of these properties but it's abandon now to but maybe I'll come back as society comes back from the Covid if it does. I assume there will always be a need for little ballerinas, dancers of all kinds and who knows what else one can put in this open area. I like to see a movie house go in there but I doubt that'll ever happen the can barely keep the big one open when they do have open viewing again. Regal theaters are supposed to open in May we will see. We wandered back across the street And zoomed around the park I showed Mark the small ditch/canal that wanders through the backend of my little park coming to rest on the patio of the senior center that's been closed for more than a year thanks to Covid.As I was wandering around the parkGetting to the senior centerWe went throughA small group of trees And I was shocked when all the sudden a mallard dropped out of the tree! Seriously, this mallard was sitting on a branch and he just flew away. That wasn't weird enough is Mark and I were talking I was gazing out over this pasture and off in the distance was a metal shed a very large metal shed which had to be at least 20 feet tall it seems like. Then I noticed something moving on the top there were two Canadian geese, Canadian honkers. They were the only things up there moving around. Again! I've never seen Canadian geese on top of a building. I didn't know they could land on a building like that. We talked for some time after I pointed out these weird happenings. Mark was intrigued but not as fascinating as I was. Suddenly in the distance I saw these two giant geese lift off and probably wander off to find some flying V to be part of To get back to Canada since they realize they were undocumented aliens here we know how that works. What a strange but delightful morning, a Sunday morning to be had in Taylorsville Utah, this Middle Spring…

No comments: