Monday, April 05, 2021

Dine In....Again



The day looked promising no question about it. My staff even showed up almost 45 minutes early which deliciously gave me a jump on my day. It was Monday and I felt like I could do anything no particular reason may because it just felt like spring. Even my little tree across the street seemed fuller in blossom this morning. I want to get out to do something but I couldn't really think of anything I needed to do.. I knew I was going to still have to blog and I want to start doing that earlier in the day so it does not feel so forced when I end up having to do the blog rather than wanting to do the blog if that makes any sense.


I notice that I'm not wearing my mask is much as I used to and probably less than I should. I can leave my apartment now venture all the way up to the front desk and no one likes their finger at me for being barefaced. Not that I want for my mask for some reason I just don't feel I need to as much now. That might be stinken thinken but I've got my shots I'm beginning to feel somewhat safe. And the good Dr. F wants me to be hypervigilant still and I wills much as I can and I will or my mask when I have to especially when I feel I need to. But I'm getting the feeling that the start spill we've been under is about the led up. The great state of Utah has indicated that masks come off sometime during the second or third week of April. I'm not sure what that really means and I feel it's a little bit premature but one part of me says yeah it's time. I am not the only one who is thinking that way I believe.


It was lunchtime I could not believe it I don't know where my morning went little bit here and little bit there and soon it was 12 noon. I'd been out a couple of times the weather seemed pretty decent promise of warm weather but there's a breeze was a cold front coming in these go to change not too drastic but enough. I don't know what got into me but I thought why not? Just drive across the street and get a hamburger. The drive-through will be open just get my first cars and enjoy. This is really poor thinking because got all kinds of food in the refrigerator that I must eat right think about something new but I did it anyway. Luckily there was nobody in line so I drove right up to the window and the fellow took my order. I was just about to let them shut the window when I thought I might as well ask when they were going to lift their “dine in” policy. He looked a bit taken back and informed me that been open for dine in for a week! I couldn't believe it. How did I not know this? I gave her my order and he said I was welcome to come in and dine in and that's what I did. It felt weird being inside little fast food joint Arctic Circle across the street. The tables still have signs taped to the tops indicating no one was allowed to sit there. I suppose they will continue to do the spreadout seating arrangements, safe seating or whatever it's called. I suppose that's fair back but I kind of think they will be stripping their tables soon as other patrons realize Arctic Circle is now open for dine in.


It's a little thing I know but I'm beginning to feel the giant engine of economy is slowly, ever so slowly beginning to turn in the gears however stiff are beginning to crank again hopefully pushing US, the great US forward again soon leaving this dark time in our rearview mirrors…okay

No comments: