Tuesday, April 20, 2021

It's Just Different

 




I'm so frustrated right this minute because I downloaded a number of images that I took today on my trip out to my Assist, Inc. meeting in Salt Lake. I thought sure I uploaded space images to one of my folders on the Internet. At one time I had it set up, and I don't know how I did this or the system to I don't know, but I would take an image and the image automatically upload to some folder I had in my Google account or my Chrome account. When I want to use an image taken a photo of I could just downloaded from my Photos folder or forever it was stored and then something happened I'm not sure if I changed one of the settings for the settings changed by themselves (which seems to happen from time to time I don't understand) and suddenly I no longer was automatically uploading images. Now, I had this arduous task of having to upload the images I want my process of either sending them to a fake account on my email and then going back to my email and going to the “sent” file and then uploading the image which is attached to my email that I never sent. I'm sure there's other ways to do this I've just settled on this because I can control it – – to some extent. Today, I took images and only some seem to be on my camera. So I'm not sure what you'll get.


Having said that the post today is about the office that I go to a couple times a month now for my Assist, Inc. meetings. Bare in mind I've been going to meeting for more than 30 years roughly. The meeting always been in this building. The director of this organization retired about four years ago maybe five, it seems a lot less than that, the new director Jason has slowly put his imprint on the organization. I don't remember this really happening too much until a couple months ago when David, my friend but leader of the citizen volunteer group that signs the grants the various homes needing repairs. Maybe this is the reason I didn't notice the change because it really wasn't a physical change in the building interior until David left. I'm only now, realizing this is I write this out. I don't know if this was out of respect for the previous administration are for David who is also old enough to retire and did basically making a new start with David gone. It's okay. As long as the meeting gets done I don't really care what the interior of the building looks like. But today I did notice how the employees and their workstations are kind of the same but different – – if that makes any sense. There's now a like waiting area in the front of the building in fact I'd never realized the whole office is just one large room, almost a Hall. All the little workers or hunched over tables that line the walls much like I envisioned Scrooges office. The large table we used to meet around has been moved to one area of the room and one person has that as his desk. That table the only active desire writing area but the place where food was set up like at Christmas open House and other festive occasions. It's weird. In fact, I had to lean my chair back todayand above me was a lamp hanging down which they tell me has been there for four years and this is the first time I ever noticed the lamp too strange . The entire staff has radically changed. There is still one architect at the helm, and there is a office manager – – a female, a disabled student/work-study employee, the couple other architectural students doing internships. I would say the staff is 90% Mormon – – which is not that big a deal it's just different than it was – – and the interior seems to reflect that. Work is still getting done, as always, the battles of the same increase the funding for folks who need home repair emergencies done. It's just different…

No comments: