Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Never Smart Enough

 



The mortal man does not stand a chance against cyber marketing least that's what I think I least I don't stand a chance. I'd like to think I'm somewhat literate in the area of computers and software and systems protection protocols etc. I mean I know I am not just fooling myself because I been hanging around computers first sort of the last 40 some years it seems like. I've gone through the whole process from messing around the big mainframe computers in college when I dabbled around the old computer languages with compilers and punchcards. One of our good friends a real live first 10 computer geek in the mid-70s fell in love the first Apple computer home systems. I was interested in the whole concept but didn't really know how to go about getting more involved. I was really too poor to do anything about computers anyway. Newly married trying to finish college and living on SSI and University grants. Later on in Blackfoot my immediate boss, supervisor was into the first mini type computers little handheld guys which ran on MS-DOS platforms. Oddly, I actually invested in a TR 30 or whatever the system was called I had edited by apartment and I couldn't figure it out. I didn't know basic language operating system. I kept trying however.


Luckily I survived the computer industry until I was able to finally get a MS-DOS-based system. So, I picked up a little smarts along the way. Even if it will just buy all small doses of hanging around people who really did know what they're talking about and who I called every time I got myself into predicament that needed more intel then I had. I guess perhaps, is the fact that I was just born too soon to really keep up with what was going on. Now, I'm a full-blown computer system that I had built for me from a good little computer shop here along the Wasatch front. They're very supportive and I have their software protection programs on my equipment. I try to make things as easy as possible especially things like renewal of things that are important. Last couple weeks have gotten notifications that my computer protection software was up for yearly renewal. You know when you get the little pop-up in the corner of your screen indicating that your software is about ready to expire and you need to really know what or that you have it set up to be renewed and will be renewed on a certain date. In the flash of Pro action I'd try to beat the computer to the punch and activate the new software immediately. Did that twice and guess what I bought two programs. I think the competing programs but certainly just be double the protection – – that's the only good way I can look at this whole calamity. Luckily the programs are only $49.99 and luckily I'm under the glow of the government money which just came down the stimulus program. I know I'm irresponsible it's almost like I threw two $50 bills into the wind but hell the least of got two kinds of coverage and in keeping the bad guys away. I'll just not renew the secondary coverage when it becomes due In 10 or 11 months. I hate those corner pop-ups that give the impression that your computer system is doomed unless you act immediately I'm trying to be proactive but I have to admit it's wearing me down…

No comments: