Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Medical Mess

 



It's official, I have become a medical mess. A few days ago, Monday I just dispatched by home health person and was beginning to start my dressing sequence. This involves lifting my right leg up over my left leg so I can put my shorts on and then my shoe this is the process for both legs. It was during this process of my right leg that I saw something just on the side of my knee a raised oblong piece of skin which kind of look like a welt or a water blister. This of course perplexed me because I don't do a whole lot walking especially on that side of my foot. I suppose if my shoes were too tight that might cause an issue but my shoes are far from to tight in fact it's all I can do during the day to keep the damn shoes on my feet. I didn't think much of the blister because of having before they usually go away when were the other but in my new rebirth of being Mr. proactive in trying to do everything I can stay as healthy as I can force long as I can. So I've kept an eye on this blister in this morning for no specific reason I tend to be a bit more on easy. The aberration does not seem to be getting smaller wanted to go away. I don't want to hurt his feelings by sticking it with a sharp object but the little oblong capsules begin to freak me out. So remembering how well treated I was what I had to burn on my leg (medical mess here) I called my internist who just by regular doc now and immediately got into a lengthy discussion with Erica about what might be going on. By that time I had snapped a couple of images and all I needed was an email to send them to. Erica of course is a company gal she began selling me on the whole “My health plus” or something like that. It's the online version of my medical record. Just for the record Dianne had tried to get me to set up an account years ago when IHC first came out with the My Health program. I just didn't want to do it talking more passwords more names more things to forget the more stress. Of course I didn't ever set up but today I have a new change of mind and want to be is medically efficient as I can. I'm setting up my health plus account through IHC.


Of course Erica handed me off rather quickly to a named Patrick was raised in Houston Texas, although he did not sound much like a Texan. Patrick is a really nice guy, someone who did not deserve me to wreck his morning coffee on a Wednesday. I don't know how many seniors Patrick's had to work with great to get all categorical but it doesn't take me long to get all frustrated and defensive when I'm having to think up usernames and passwords on the run. Patrick had a pretty good handle of what I was looking out on my screen but there are small variations from what he was telling me I should be looking at what I was looking at. Many times in our conversation I just wanted to hang up the phone but I didn't have a phone I just had a headset. I think about the third time I told him that my screen was the same screen he was looking at is about rated hang up on me and run screaming from his room. I had to enter my password in at least four times before finally hitting all the keys correctly so that the first line match the second line and allowed me into the wonderful world of My Health +. I think we parted friends sometimes us the best you can do when working with IT support on any program.


So now, I've overcome my that version online medical support, I've sent the two images into IHC Central and now I'm just waiting to see what they say. It's a bit overkill for the water blister on my knee but the new me is going to be safe than sorry if that's wearing out all the IT support the best the way it is…

No comments: