Friday, April 30, 2021

Witnessing The Lilacs




I've talked about the fact that my dentist practices right across the street from my apartment complex. Since I did not choose my apartment complex as much as, perhaps the complex chose me, let's just say I was lucky to find a dentist so close. A few weeks ago after my dental appointment where I had a little dental work done this set me home with a bottle of Peridex mouthwash, a prescription concoction used to help with oral irritations like inflamed gums which I think I had around one of our couple of my teeth. Anyway, I was given a small bottle and in fact used it which quite surprises me to be honest with you. I believe the mixture has done good things for my mouth. I did have a little bit of oral bleeding which now seems to have ceased I'm a believer. I'm still somewhat cautious about extended my roamings due to an Intermittent chair shutdown. So in an effort to test the limits of my power chair had decided to roam over to the dental office and see if I needed to continue my regimen of this mouthwash. Actually is one to drop in on my friends and see how they were doing and visit with these professionals.


The day is beautiful, by the time I finish my work out and meager lunch it is well into the afternoon. I'm a little cautious at the crossing light over Redwood Road. I just don't want my chair to shut down in the middle of the intersection and lucky for me to chair did great I got across the intersection of the street and and being very full stealth entered the office to the secret side door ramp. Everyone was in the back of the office and did not see my entrance. When they did it was like a familial homecoming. I business everybody and even met the dentists son was just starting dental school this month. I got my mouthwash and it's okay to use it for another bottle. But I think that's all I'm going to need for the time being.


What I wanted to show was as I crossed the street, on my journey to the dentist's office, I pass another dental office which seems on the verge of closure. I see the guys truck parked there off and on and every once in a while see a few dental patients but overall I don't see much activity that's a nice office building wise. Behind the office today I noticed to lilac bushes or trees are however there described. One lilac frock in white blossoms in the other in traditional purple. I thought they were beautiful. I love lilacs I always have. I believe I have a posting regarding the lilacs I grew up with in the cutting of a lilacs switch. I implore you to search for that blog posting. Anyway, the air was heavy with their fragrance not so much the white blossoms but one could get carried away on the fragrance of the traditional plant. I don't know what the protocol is for stealing someone else's lilacs. I don't even know if the dentist is aware that his bushes are in bloom or if he even cares. I deeply wanted to run home and get my heavy-duty scissors come back And harvest a few sprigs of blossoms. I looked around the apartment for a vase, and I know I had one, but could not find such a thing. With that, not having a place to put cuttings aside from a glass jar or something I decided to let go of the idea and just enjoy the images taken with my little cell phone. I did have a vase at one time which I think of that Billie use I suppose I could fetch it but I think she needs it more than I and maybe it would be a good exercise to jump the bus and head to DI are some other thrift shop and pick up a couple vases. Either way one of my best experiences of any spring is witnessing the lilacs…


No comments: