Saturday, February 05, 2022

Fruit Run

 



After essentially taking yesterday off I decided I better get back into the world and get some things done primarily due to the market and get some shopping done. I've been out of fresh fruit for about a week. I'm not really a big fruit guy – – well kind of, I am, I guess I like pretend that I'm not a big fruit guy but I guess I really am. I like citrus on a regular basis as well as bananas. That's much apples though I do like a good crisp apple here and there but mainly I'm a big believer in citrus whether its oranges, lemons, tangerines limes whatever I do like my citrus fruits. I've been bummed out lately because at Macy's which is the local grocery that I attend to the grapes of been less than stellar last couple of weeks and they've increased the price by almost a dollar. But I can really pay the price for these grapes I think $3.99 a pound now I just have a cow paying that price for table grapes. I just have to purchase a when the grapes are firm and delicious. This is the grocery shopping but I did I even got potato chips to get me through the weekend and into Monday.


Before I went to the market however I did a fast stop at the dollar store. I love this place. It just amazes me what they sell at the dollar store. It's the best place in the world to get candy particularly theater candy. I try to build enough time before going to the theater to swoop into a dollar store and get for five dollars worth of candy. Next to feel little bad smugly net into the theater for the movie hopefully the field is just as bad for the theater owner who tries to sell the candy the patron such as myself at the price he tries to stick us with. It's a joke of a game but I don't mind playing. But six dollars for the candy from the dollar store is way more calories and tooth decay that my body needs. Should last me a couple of months I hope sometimes one needs a sugar fix in the evening or 11 is working on the computer writing. I've figured out I can purchase the candy or whatever I get from the dollar store had the bag it to hang off my chair embedded doesn't get mixed up with stuff in my basket when I go to the market. This works just fine.


The sun was out today and even though the temperature officially was in the freezing area or just above the didn't feel that cold. I didn't even wrap my legs up today to make the trek over to the market. I did wear my red jacket over my head and shoulders when that was all I needed. The sun felt good on my face may be really feel like somewhere out there over the horizon spring was not far off

No comments: