Thursday, February 10, 2022

Give Me A Time Break, Please!



I'm really trying to organize myself and for me that's extremely difficult. I wish it was something I could blame on my disability but in all fairness my whole life has been disorganized from desks in grade school that would drive my teachers crazy ultimately get me in trouble, the junior high and high school lockers to work environments particularly desks that I couldn't find anything on I'm surprised I made it through my career to be honest with you. But anyway so today in the spirit of organization I've been trying to make sure that I don't miss any of my doctors appointments coming up the next couple of months.


You know those little bitty cards, like business cards? The ones the doctor gives you are more correctly the receptionist gives you when you leave the office giving you the time and date of the next appointment? I think it's sort like a security blanket because they always add those appointments on the big computer are database. I am currently, as far as I'm aware, having all my medical appointments at the IHC medical facility/campus/DeathStar. At least that's what I'm hoping. Earlier in the year or late last year had an appointment with my primary doctor was also an internist but he thought I needed to see a number of other physicians from proctologist's to physiatrist . I can never tell when they write them on the computer if there there are not. What was really weird, to me, was that there making these appointments five and six months out. I have a desire trust appointment. There seems to be another appointment in there somewhere that I cannot find a card for and I don't know if that name is a proctologist that is practicing with an other proctologist or one altogether different. I know it's totally confusing you should see it from my standpoint.


When I decided that I needed to have her be seen by a physiatrist the only one I could find in the building that I want to go to that was part of my group only had appointments at 7:45 AM! I used to be really good at doing these early morning things specially even having to rely on public transit. My theory is I can always get up earlier whatever earlier areas but now I'm just not as positive being able to pull these meetings off. I tried to reschedule but this physiatrist is hard and fast at this time. When I made the appointment I think it was in December I felt I had enough time to figure out something or way to make the appointment. However, now I'm realizing I'm two weeks away for my appointment. I called today to see if I can get a different time but that didn't happen that I got to thinking why not take a cab? I don't know why it took so long for me to come to this realization that Ute cab will pick you any time you have to pay of course whatever they want of course probably be the tip but hey this is all normal people do it. So to be sure I called Ute cab and sure enough they will pick me up when I need to be picked up and get me to where I need to go by the time I need to be there. Problem solved even if it costs a lot of money that's okay because the last couple years of the keeping a Transit fund space for exactly this purpose enough never really used it so I've got more than $500 to mess around with. Thus, hoping to use this bond for like real travel air travel or something but I don't think that's a reality anymore so why not use it for a cab or whatever I need whenever I need. So, I've called the I left a message with the service (now that everyone's gone for the day) to let them know I can make the 7:45 AM appointment I still think it's kind of stupid that they can't make adjustments or won't. However I must say in Diane's defense (that was the name of the receptionist) she was really trying to find out a solution. Today she gets the gold star in my book!


No comments: