Saturday, February 19, 2022

Glasshouse Journey

 



It was another one of those days that looked beautiful, and actually was beautiful, but when one got out in the beautiful day was just a little uncomfortable. The wind had a chill that was significant but not enough to stop me from getting out in using the transit system a little bit. I was a little late getting out actually slept until 7 AM which never ever happens so I was feeling pretty good still took me forever to get dressed it seemed like. If I don't have an appointment to get to I just don't do much. When I did finally get dressed I whipped up a quick breakfast which I really enjoyed scrambled eggs and be in the sausages and skinny toast. I made my bed then decided to do my arm bike to get it out of the way. I did 40 minutes today not bad.


I try to make coffee every morning especially on the mornings that I have my home health people here. They both like coffee so I like to make the best coffee I can. Gloria likes Bailey's Irish cream, and who wouldn't? It's a bit sweet but in coffee it's wonderful. I wanted to have some for Gloria the last couple weeks but the weather has this got been agreeable. However, today I felt it should be the day jumped the bus and go down for “Glasshouse” and pick up a bottle. I checked bus times and I had about 20 minutes before the next inbound 217 would be at the bus stop outside my apartment complex. It was fun I was out waiting for the bus will realized the looks of the beautiful day were deceiving. I wished I had something on a little heavier but I thought I had enough to get by to get to the Glasshouse and back. I noticed while waiting for the bus more gang symbols on my bus stop. It actually look like someone had tried to break one of the Windows of the bus shelter. However, the gang sign was in the broken remnants of the wall as well as written on the other window or wall of the bus shelter. I would be interested to know what the letter stood for. Fortunately I didn't have long to wait for the bus pulled up and I was gone.


Interestingly, there is a Sizzler steakhouse right next to the Utah liquor store.. I always make a big deal of living the bus driver know I'm going to the steakhouse when he asked me where my head or what stop will I need. The trip and was quick and uneventful the best time to have. I rolled in the liquor store and I'm always amazed at how many spirits there are and all the “joy” that reside therein. The place is pretty busy after all is the Saturday of a three-day weekend, holiday weekend. There was lots of booze going out the front door. I found a shelf of small bottles of Bailey's Irish cream but as I was surveying the booze I noticed a sign above the cash register/checkout guy that said “everyone must have a state approved ID”. I have one sitting at home on my computer table. I didn't think about packing my temporary ID. Sure enough, the cashier saw my confused state that asked the problem when I asked him and he said of course I can't sell you anything unless you have an ID. I shrug my shoulders turned around and headed out across the street for the outbound 217. I did exactly that is shipped home found my ID stuff to do it my packet as well as changed my hat and grabbed a red blanket to help battle the cold and went right back. They really didn't take long. I don't know who I would've felt about this had I not had the long hours of sleep. I think out of just packed it in and I had not the amount of sleep I enjoyed last night's.


This time I didn't care who knows I'm going to the liquor store. I got on the bus and told the driver I want the liquor store stop and he knew exactly where I meant. Zoom Zoom I was soon back at the glass Palace. I purchased the the middle sized bottle of Bailey's. $30 worth! You should be ashamed of myself. I got the bottle put in a special plastic bag that I wedged between my legs and my foot pedal for the trip home it worked. When I got home was good taste a little Bailey's but of course it's got a metal That no matter how much I tried to open with my teeth it wouldn't budge and I certainly was not going to damage what few teeth I have left and another trip to the dentist's office. I've got the bottle on the table may be Monday I can get someone to break the seal and have coffee with Irish cream for the holiday…

No comments: