Monday, February 21, 2022

Presidents' Day

 



Here it is Presidents' Day afternoon in the sun is well hidden behind the bank of dark clouds threatening snow this evening and then even possibly tomorrow. Normally this would not be a big deal, and it really isn't as I don't make it one, but tomorrow morning bright and early I have a doctors appointment over at big hospital, IHC medical Center are as I call it the death Star. Tomorrow I'm meeting which possibly might be my new physiatrist Dr. Williams. As I understand it is the new player in town and physiatry and took over my old Doc's place when he retired. And like I said normally this not be a big deal except for the only time this guy is taking interviews are appointments is at 745 in the morning that 7:45 AM. I'm going to attend this appointment even if it is totally uncomfortable for me.


I made this appointment I think way back in October or November or possibly December all I know is the month was one of the “bers” and it was a long way out but that's the way things were back then. I didn't think much of it until last month when I started realizing I had this appointment coming up and I couldn't even fathom why would made the appointment so early. It was only later when I tried to counsel are due a better timespace that I realized I remembered that was the only time they were taking appointments and I told him then that I would be able to make it. I went through the process again last week and cried and moaned about being quadriplegic living on my own and having no transportation except public transit. I guess Williams tried to work with me but I finally got frustrated and just told him I would make it regardless – I might be a little late but I should be there close to the time. I thought surely I would be able to get a cab. I called last week but was informed that I need to call closer to my date of need which I did this morning and found out that somebody already had 7 AM timeslot. The Company that has accessible transit has over to wheelchair vans and one driver who I get the impression is very overtaxed. After I was informed this afternoon I then started making calls to the other Companies listed on my Google search and none of them has wheelchair accessible transit! The really is a lawsuit here somewhere if I had skills in that area and wanted to push the issue. Somebody should. Somebody young with the energy and the will. Sadly, I doubt that's me at this point in the game. Tomorrow I have found that route 47 starts at by spot around 6:55 AM. I think if I can drag myself out at 5 AM and have no problems as far as bed transfers in such, getting dressed in getting out to the bus stop I can make the 7:45 AM appointment no sweat. If I miss the 6:55 AM the next bus is 7:24 AM which would bring me in to the “Death Star” around 739 given me five minutes to get from the bus stop across the street but over to the medical center. Chances are I could make it or hate to cut it that close. If I miss the 6:55 AM bus I will just have to do the best I can and rely on the best of luck and kindness of Dr. William staff. In the back from my love got a little stress is beginning to nibble and that's this is a new meeting the go to want to see all of my cards my insurance cards of course of which I have none. I have even thought about replacing those things yet so maybe this is a moot pointand will still be a good exercise regardless…

No comments: