Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Groundhogs Day


So much is happening I'm truly


busy and I like me in that way actually. Dianne Brooks and Nicole flew back into town about 1 o'clock this morning. Of course it really didn't have a whole lot to do with me just that I'm somewhat worried about what they're having to do and how strenuous it must be. But the same time it is my birthday! So, that stressful and of itself turning another year older and you know what that means? But it's okay it's just a year. However, I'm still trying to get the kids letters out and having lunch with Mark Anthony today at Applebee's not far from her I live. Bear in mind this is all being done in below freezing weather. I'm wrapped up pretty good in my red blanket around my legs and my red jacket that has fleece on the outside. The time the bus pretty well I didn't have to wait long for the short trip down to 5400 S.


I do like Applebee's, the restaurant has a neighborhood flavor, it really does live up to the commercial. I got there a little bit early. We plan to meet around 12:30 PM so I got coffee and entertain myself on my cell phone until Mark arrived. We had a good time merely talked about Russians, Russian economy and Russian/American business opportunities. As always I'm quite skeptical about any kind of work with the Russians from my cynic point of view. I still don't believe that the American/US government will allow any kind of real productive commercial opportunities for the individual person come about. But I could be wrong I just think there's a lot of weird stuff going on still with that whole block that used to be Soviet. I had a nice little steak which Mark dutifully cut up which I thought was very nice and certainly made eating steak a lot more enjoyable for me and me having to wrestle the knife and fork in the steak


It's that time he year when it's so cold it just looks cold, just look out the window. From where I sat in the restaurant I had a good view of the Wasatch range. It might be my imagination but I feel it's so cold the clouds just hang over the mountains actually smother the mountains. Surprisingly when I woke this morning snow fallen during the night. I was quite blown away from the last news report I had gotten there was to be emotional just cold cold weather coming in. But the snow blanketed the mountains adding to the vision of extreme frigid atmosphere in the mountains. The sky was generally clear by the time we had lunch and afterwards. I was relatively comfortable aside from the biting cold my legs were wrapped up in my fleece lined jacket kept me warm enough and of course I had a thought. Only thing I wish I had that I did not have was a scarf that would've been nice too. But I got home relatively quickly. I toyed with the idea of going to the movies but I couldn't justify the time with kid letters to get out and the severity of the weather. Plus I still had to work out, listen to my news show and get warm. Billie across the hall was quite anxious to give me a birthday present of Domino's pizza which in fact came early in the day. Around 3:30 PM which is okay I love hot pizza but also cold pizza is a favorite. So, a free meal, and Amazon card, 100 bucks, pizza and in the salutations of many. I figured it was a pretty great birthdayI just hate being a year older…

No comments: