Thursday, February 03, 2022

 


(I have a picture of electronic farebox on the UTA bus that's not turned on as they practice free February)

Even though the day was cold and a wind blew created a significant wind chill the sun was out certainly kept spirits up, my spirits anyway. I wasn't sure how the stairs going to go because it was so off-the-cuff. We were going to have a lunch at our old restaurant see the earlier post. I was to catch the bus over to the restaurant and be there at 2:15 PM. I didn't find this information out to about 10 minutes after 12 noon when Dianne was able to get a hold of me. They've been working superhard trying to pack things up at the house that Dianne would be taken with her to her new home in Hot Springs. I felt guilty having a birthday luncheon when they need to be doing so much work but I guess they figure they needed a break to or at least Dianne didn't want to see me as I want to see her as well as Brooks and Nicole..


I always do this to myself have a hard time negotiating the time frame I need to get somewhere when I have to transfer to another bus. I knew that once I got to Murray Central Station I would have to transfer onto another bus to get to the restaurant and that's where the pickle was I was not sure when that next bus would take off, the 201 southbound. I was surprised because when I finally did get going the bus has to catch to get me to Murray Central Station will actually have me touching my next bus in time to get to the restaurant exactly at 2:15 PM exactly the time I need to be there. Anyone who uses public transit knows that what happened was a minor miracle. As it turned out I got there about 2:20 PM and we still had to wait about 15 minutes before were able to be seated. I love this place even though it's a long way from being wheelchair accessible. It's close to the house and we've had some great experiences there particular with the owners. We've been going to this place about 30 years I've don't totally know the history but I know David and his sister Maria have always been there while we been around and they've always treated this good. Even now David sends over the free order plate the standard hamburger cheese and tortilla chips with guacamole salsa and the works. There was a nice gesture.


This was quite an emotional meal and that felt like the end of something significant. Everyone got the same meal that they been ordering for the last 30 years that was kind of funny. Brooks was finally able to order booze which was cool but if you like a real grown up the old digs. I made a mess of course I always do happens when you have food that crumbles when you fight down into it like my taco. A hard shelled taco tends to explode when I bite into them we would be covered with cheese and lettuce and bits of hamburger. We talked about old memories we talked about new adventures talk about how the packing was going with our old friend Amy who is been helping out so much to incredible. We talked about closing out the house was going to happen to the tools of the garage, all of the art throughout the house how was going to be packed and shipped and all that kind of stuff. It felt like there should be a song playing in the background like they had on the last show at Seinfeld. It's been a while since I've been to this restaurant I forgot how much I liked it particular sense I usually ate there with family. Unbeknownst to me Mark Anthony has begun eating at the restaurant and maybe I can carry that tradition and now with him and his family as we go into the next phase of life for all of us. I'm going to miss having close access to Dianne. We are just getting to a point or we began to explore restaurants in the community again utilizing public transit is our only means of accessing these points of dining particularly with Covid finally running its course and restaurants opening up to dining again. But now that's changed and will be hanging out I guess in the Internet chatting with face time…

No comments: