Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday By By

 



Cannot believe it's the end of another week. My life is passing by way to quickly. This is another day am choosing to stay in side mainly because I don't have anything else to do on the outside and mainly because the temperature did not get above freezing today and I just don't need that kind of harassment. I've got everything I need at least this day , tomorrow and Sunday. There are a few things I can stock up on but I can wait till warmer weather for that. What has said, today I stayed in I did have a visit from the outside however, Allen my friend from IHC wheelchair shop came in and finally replaced the latching mechanism on my chair. I don't know how long this fix will last but I'm happy to have a working like it's supposed to for now anyway. I ordered some more identification materials particular for my insurance and I worked out and sadly that was the extent of my day. I was fortunate enough to visit with Dianne a while on face chat the same with my daughter Bridget who is in the hospital right now. So I guess it's been a pretty good day.


My reconditioned power chair sits quietly in that spot in my bedroom writing to serve whenever the big guy, I'm in now fails. I'm not anticipating that soon however we did look at various features that I'm not happy with on this chair I'm sitting in and compared them with the back of chair primarily the foot box. The foot box of my present chair is huge, the foot box is my favorite thing to complain about on this chair. The foot box is large and bulky and the padding is torn loose from the foot box itself and causing my foot to turn (see yesterday's post). The backup wheelchairs foot box is much more conservative and stays out of the way of a lot of things but I tend to crash into and scratch up now. The technician really seemed interested in working with my foot box problem. Even wants me to write around in the refurbished backup chair to see what I liked best about foot boxes. I do like the concept of a padded foot box versus just a regular foot box. I really like a padded box when I go without shoes. I just hate the idea of having to figure out how I'm going to make that change. The easiest way to spend some time in the other chair this to have my home health person will be in the chair after I get done with my shower. I actually could just have somebody trade chairs with me when I transfer onto my bed and then when I transfer back I'll be in the backup chair and spend some time and it to check out the features. I don't know how realistic this is because it seems I never get into the backup chair unless there's an emergency of one sort or another with the new chair. Now I just have to think about what I'm going to do about a new cushion for the tush…

No comments: