Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Packaging Not Bad







I'm still coming off the high of getting my ID back! This is the excuse I used for not really doing anything today except the most basic things like shower and you know what with the home health person, Gloria who also provided me some home maintenance. She's really great. She's always living close to the margin and usually on Fridays especially for payday she's really coasting and I always give her 20 bucks which she ends up paying back with labor primarily cleaning the apartment are parts thereof. This is cool, I would give her the money anyway she's really great so today's Wednesday which is a maintenance day. I worked out on my bike is always 60 minutes like I said basically just hung out watched a couple episodes of the series I'm following right now and decide to go out because the day look so good the temperatures were in the high 40s the sun was out. Actually I'm a little down because Dianne will be leaving the area for good tomorrow morning on the redeye back to Arkansas. I assume the house is sold or the process started. She and our friend Amy really helped her out packing and moving stuff and taking stuff to the dump. Really hate to see the house closeout I miss the place. But Dianne will start her new life and I must go on with mine and that's all right.


Did I mention I went out and decided to go to the market and pick up some more citrus grapefruit and oranges for sure. I actually want to pick up four AA's to put in my swifter. We used to the little bit this morning on the kitchen floor but it was pretty weak. I think I've got my use out of the batteries but I've had a nurse since I purchased the swifter two years ago I think maybe longer. There definitely due. So, while at the market wandering around kind of enjoying myself I found myself at the frozen food section. Past couple of months I've been delving more and more into prepared frozen foods you know the kind to pop into the microwave. Basically sticking with beef pot pies I really like the the cheapies once a actually sell for $.75 when they go on sale which is totally expensive to what TV dinners used to be. I actually purchased a Marie calendars large beef potpie last week. Dianne is use them and they do look really good and to be honest I was not impressed. I find the small banquet beef pot pies much better the gravy is but saltier. Anyway, I've been coveting the banquet big spaghetti dinner for some time now. The picture on the box looks so good. I should know better seriously I've been around this corporate food advertising forever is never as good as it looks but today I was weak and I thought why not? I actually purchased the banquet spaghetti and meatballs dinner looks so good on the outside. I think cost a dollar and $.88 or something. That should have been a clue. However, I got my banquet home (like the pun?) And immediately I was kind of disheartened but I figure it's what I deserve and maybe it won't be so bad and it wasn't. The really wasn't much of a dinner but it was pretty tasty meatballs were backup but I would've been surprised if they were. I slipped the plastic screen on top through the microwave to do three minutes stir in three minutes more and voilĂ  dinner. Like I said I should not of been surprised the kind of was how basically flat the dinner was I still think it was worth the crapshoot…

No comments: