Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Home Health Tears

 


I really don't know how they do it, the people who were home health professionals. I don't know if it is a colossal joke or a form of Usery but it's a shame just the same. But it's true the people were many of the people were home health providers are at the bottom of the food chain as far as labor does. They barely make enough to survive for month-to-month as well as deal with their own specific problems. This morning my person was a couple hours late which is okay because I didn't have anywhere to be until 2 PM down south to my podiatrist. Only thing it in the fact that all the days of the last two weeks this was the worst day is the day I had to be out with snow flying and when pushing the biting cold with every puff it gave. But this is a story about me weathering the cold front/snowstorm today.


One of the things I like about my home health person who serves me Wednesdays and Fridays is how tough she is. I met her number of years ago when I first moved into this complex and I desperately needed home care. She is will the first people that served me then she disappeared for a number of years and I, searching for with the agency that I use but she was not in the area. She'd vanished but then again about six months ago she popped back up on my screen eventually I was able to work a room to a least two days a week. I love having her as a home health person but it's a struggle her life is in such a shambles can barely stand to hear what traumas occurred to her from one week to the next. As I said today she was late she had to get transportation. Last night someone had slashed the tires. At first she thought they just let the air out of the tires and an act of revenge but on closer inspection the tires are slashed, unrepairable hundreds of dollars down the tubes and possibly the end of her ability to work. I kind of doubt that however. I've seen this person bounce back from all kinds of traumas. But today when she finally showed up she tried to put on a brave face but when she got word from the tire place that the tires run savable she broke down. On emotional collapse not knowing how she was going to get through the next couple of days. She lives in a part of town that's quite harrowing to say the least. She has a pretty rough lifestyle and I don't know just how long she can survive in fact with the people she thinks might be involved with the tire slashing she says she needs to probably exit the town stage left. I hate to see her go she's a ton of fun. Someone who'll be difficult to replace. Luckily I do have another that services beyond Monday's and who would be just as in providing the couple more days of home care. I don't know if we can pull that rabbit out of the hat but will have to see. As for the time being I just hope my current Wednesday Friday home health can survive…

No comments: