Monday, February 28, 2022

It Was The Best Of Times…


Had a good night actually. I woke up around for something and surprisingly I was able to turn over and go back to sleep and slept until 7 AM! This rarely happens. Of course it's on one of the days when my home health person is to show up which means I need to get up and get going. Luckily for me, she was a little late today which allowed me to not only get my face shaved, my meds taken in bed made but is also able to heat up some coffee in sweep up just a little bit. Usually I like to get up by 6 AM on my home health days but not this day.


I'm feeling stable enough to actually begin traveling away from the apartment/toilet. My goal today if nothing else was to cross the street and hit the market and get bananas all possible and this I did. Felt good to get back in the system but I find it's going to be a very busy week and while that causes me some concern I'm also pretty excited. Tomorrow of course I do my assist, Inc. advisory meeting and then on Wednesday I have to take a trip up to Logan for the meeting I usually have been zooming to the last couple years were doing it in person meeting up at Utah State University's access lab. We have a couple of members from that university that sit on the board for the Utah assistive technology fund. They always have to come the Salt Lake for the meeting so we figured we would meet with them at their own facility. This seemed only fair. This means however Wednesday, March 2 that my friend Kent who works at the Judy Ann Buffmire with some kind of USOR A T(assistive technology) program. The program has a wheelchair accessible van so can's elected to drive me up and back for the meeting. Otherwise I'm afraid I would have to zoom in. I would not have minded but these folks really had the mindset with be attending in person. So, the meeting starts at the lunch of course which are 12 o'clock and that also means we have to leave at least 90 minutes before the meeting starts from Salt Lake. Wednesday of course is my shower day in my person doesn't even get here until 8:30 AM which means even if she's on time it'll be a tight squeeze. I be contact with my person to see if she could come at least a half an hour early which a guarantee that I'll be ready by the time Kent swings by to pick me up. She responded by saying she would try to do so. I am going to call her around 6:45 AM to wake her up and make sure she's focused on getting here on time. I have great faith in my attendant and I think will be able to pull this off. Least of excited to try and that's good news.


Perhaps the best part of my day was putting on my jacket and hated across the street for the market. First time in over a week. I felt a little unnerved being so far away from the apartment but it was now or never I had to go and I went. Good seeing my “market family”. I was kind of surprised because even the ones I didn't recognize new how to check me out. I take my own basket with me most of the times when I shop and I expect them to put what I've purchased into the basket without bags. I hate having a pile of plastic bags when I come home from the market. And the checkout person knew exactly how to do what I needed without me having to fill her in on how to do it. I've trained these people very well I surprised myself. Sadly that was the high point of my day. I'm finishing up writing my letters for the month and hopefully tomorrow are Wednesday but probably most likely Thursday is when I'll be able to mail them out. Seems like a lot is going on and that is just regular stuff.. I have an even begin to start formulating my thoughts regarding the war impossible repercussions to the American people from the Ruskies. There's been a lot of talk on the news about possible cyber attacks on the US electrical grid. This kind of freaks me out since everything that allows me to be independent is electric in nature whether it's my power chair (S) or my power bed I'm pretty dependent. I don't have enough of my freezer to worry about a thaw out but if I wake up and there's no power, getting out of bed? I think it's mandatory that I keep both of my chairs fully charged all the time as well as with my cell phone. I need to double check to make sure I still have my charging device which allows me to charge my cell phone from my power chair. If I do not have my charging device then I need to purchase another. I could see this could be very important… I know it's tried by just have to say it: “it was the best of times it was the worst of times…


No comments: