Friday, February 04, 2022

Finally Friday

Finally a day that I did not have to go out in the elements. I just didn't feel the need and besides I was far behind on my scheduled to get my letters out today anyway. Not that I needed a good excuse to stay in finishing the letters was just what I needed. I have actually finished the dictation part of the letters. I needed to go through in cleanup errors and wrong word substitutions that the voice to text software may have committed. Seems to be a lot of wrong words when dictating – – if one cares one really has to keep an eye on what I'm saying versus what the machine is writing it still pretty phenomenal if you ask me.


Gloria my home health person is really quite an interesting person. Like many home health professionals she is basically and barely surviving from one paycheck to the next. She has to watch everything. Today she had found out she had been charged excessive bank fees for what seemed to be an overdraw on her account. She had not charged more than she had but somehow had been dinged for an overcharge she obviously did not commit because she got the bank on the phone and then successfully advocated for herself. The institution lifted the charges and reinstated her account. I've seen Gloria do this twice now and I'm greatly impressed. She still had only four dollars and her account which kind of worries me. She did show me she had money in savings and transferred a little over to her checking. I gave her 20 bucks that she will work off next week sometime in sprucing up the apartment. This is money well spent by me to keep me a living situation that's acceptable.


Speaking of acceptable, now that the letters are out for the month, I need to start picking up my writing area refiling some pieces of mail and putting the envelopes back and basically start getting ready to write letters for next month, March, when I'll start everything over again. I'm getting to the point where I'm really enjoying this continual letterwriting. Sometimes I wonder if it's a bit of a joke and that the people who receive these letters may or may not enjoy them. I was told somebody today about how I used to get these weird Christmas gifts for my grandparents especially the ones who were Salvation Army. Of redesigned myself to the fact is just something that old folks do and now I totally understand why they did it. It makes total sense. And I love the more now than I ever have before, my grandparents. The apartment has also taken a few hits in the neatness department. Gloria did straighten up the kitchen a little bit which is greatly if appreciated. This morning I broke one of my favorite coffee cups when I was washing dishes getting ready for the day. I could've left it on the floor and had gloriously put up but I did it. I cleaned off the table a little and swept the kitchen floor and got my mop stuff ready to mop up the floor in the bathroom. I purchased a new mop which was a mistake. As of yet I cannot operate the function that rings the water out of the sponge. There was a waste of $15 but I'll figure out a way to use it one or the other so I think I'll end up trying to find another mop. That will be a good reason to get out…


No comments: