Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year

 


It's been pretty quiet around the apartments today not a lot going. – Even pretty warm, again the war before the storm. Tomorrow is supposed to be snow all day. What a better way to celebrate New Year's Day. I'm not sure if we are going out for breakfast in the morning. Not only is it supposed to be snowing , Mark is working the night DJ at some big event. I visited Mark Anthony's afternoon by text and he says you may be up for it really I think he needs to take some time to rest. I don't know how much I want to roll up to be restaurant if it's a major snowstorm. Chances are the local weather folks are overselling storm as usual but you never know is always a sucker punch out there waiting to strike when you're not looking.


I actually made it out of the apartments today! This is really kind of the 1st time all week. The date was basically overcast. There had been great at some point but none was fallingg when I took off everything just went a lot from the melt of the last snowstorm. Temperatures in the 40s it was, pleasant to get and over to the market were a few things to get me through to the end New Year's. My main goal was to get a supply of regular sized snicker bars before Monday when Melissa will return as my caregiver. I like to have favorite treat ready for her when she gets here. Snickers bar was the least I could do to ensure continued dedication to my support.It's I also picked up another box of Ritz crackers that I can but cheese go on– – I actually forgot something which now irks me. I was going to get a package of those small marshmallows to make Ritz treats out of. Essentially you take Ritz cracker, a small square cheese and one of those small marshmallows begin about 10 or 20, of them on the cookie sheet Then pop the whole thing into the on cook for a few minutes until the cheese and marshmallow melt together. My mom used to make these families for “Family night”. Social experiment of the LDS church. I haven't had these treats are probably 50 years but I was think of making some tonight but I forgot the marshmallows. I also got yogurt, cottage cheese, hot dogs and hotdog buns – Everything a bachelor needs to celebrate New Year's Eve. And no,I did not get to the liquor store which is probably just as well. I have enough booze in the apartment right now to take care of any frolicking needs I might have.I'm ready for the new year. I just have to text a couple messages to people I'm concerned about or that I want to wish splendid and happy new year. It's strange this old world so big that the new year has been being celebrated now bunch of hours. I doubt that I'm going to stay up to the end. It would have to be something special for that. Maybe I'll just have a small glass of or Baileys coffee and slide into 2023…

No comments: