Friday, February 02, 2024

Celebrate!

 



This turned out to be a most eventful day. Sure, it's my 73rd birthday but I really wasn't expecting a whole lot to be honest with you. In fact had my sinks not been clogged up I would have pretty much baked my own birthday cake. I had the cake mix down and everything but because the sinks were clogged out I didn't feel comfortable getting to the water. As a side note the sinks were finally unclogged by the middle of the afternoon. They had to get the plumber special for me since they hadn't got it done the day after I requested the service. But that also meant no birthday cake for the boy. So, that's okay like I said little expectation so at least I was enjoying the day. There were a number of things on my door from people dropping gifts off hanging them off my door knob like a bag of potato chips, chocolates, other sorts of goodies. Birthday cards wedged into the side of the door frame you know the kind of stuff. At some point in time my son called and asked if you wanted to go out to dinner or something. The day became overcast and it was cold I just assumed not go out if I didn't have to and I told him that and we decided we'd have ice cream here at the apartment complex and they would pick up a cake as well. My granddaughter called or texted to let me know that they're be coming as well that was great by me.


At various times throughout the morning and afternoon I got calls from my brothers and that was nice to visit with them and enjoy their birthday salutations. One brother had not spoken with for some time and it was good to hear his voice and spend some time visiting but perhaps the most interesting call that I got today was from my age old friend John C. We pretty much grew up together meeting up when we were both about 6 years old spending a number of our early years together and school and just on the farms that we both lived on. We are pretty close in those days his brother and my brother we all pretty much hung out together for a good stretch of time. I hadn't heard from him for some time been meaning to call but I've never gotten around to it and I was a little unsure of myself not knowing really if he wanted to hear from me or not I was a little intimidated. He is always done so well in his life quite a person to be a friend of. I've always admired this guy and his brother and his family actually. We had a great visit and we really need to spend more time together on the phone or however. We're both getting to the point where we can't really travel as well as we used to I can't travel at all. But maybe we'll get some time together sooner or later. I truly did appreciate the call.


The rest of the day I spent waiting for the kids to come over for cake and ice cream. Little did I realize they had quite a sucker punch for me even now that I cannot believe how nice that punch could be. We got the cake out cut it up got some ice cream and cake and ice cream and then they brought the birthday gift out. Mark had to go out to the car to get it I couldn't figure it out then he brought it in and it was a 50 inch smart tv! I cannot believe it I still can barely believe it so the next 2 hours were spent eating ice cream and cake and putting the TV on the stand for the other television was and then getting it all set up which was a real task. Then we watched half of a movie to make sure everything was a okay which it is. It's a beautiful TV set 50 inches is huge that's bigger than I anticipated. I almost ordered a 50 inch TV today in fact I'm glad I didn't this is such a nice gift I don't know how I can ever let them know how much I truly enjoy the system. It's all set up the way it's supposed to be many more pixels than the other screen I was using and I can get to everything I need to get to as far as the different systems that the machine employees it's so complicated. So many times they need passwords that wasn't able to give but we were able to work around them anyway and so I'm truly pleased to have this beautiful big screen. They all went together on it MoneyWise so it was a team effort to please the old man and I'm definitely pleased. Thank you everyone. I am set for so much now…... happy birthday to me.

No comments: