Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday Market Day

 Not bad for a Saturday how things considered. Today was cloudless enough to let the sun shine through so it gave the illusion of warmth it wasn't too bad I wore the frock the kids gave me for Christmas and that worded it off any chill that was around but it was Saturday which means that it's coffee day. So, I was up around 6:00 a.m. and Donald only here and there and finally got ready and I was ready for coffee when it was time at 9:30 to go across the street. Met up with Janet and we had a fairly decent discussion it just seemed a little less animated than usual seemed like a little energy. Perhaps we're getting tired of each other maybe we need new blood in the conversation or becoming somewhat predictable as old people are. Once coffee was out of the way I figured I better get off my day and washed up some dishes around the apartment swept the floors a little bit and then made a fast cast around the apartment and cruise to cross the street to the market


I really do enjoy going to the market not necessarily spending stuff money per se as much as seeing the people and seeing the different things I could get if I really wanted to. Today I got a few things actually quite a few things a lot of candy bars Melissa and I did get some steak tips are meat tips or whatever they're called so I can make this steak and tips and gravy for mashed potatoes are noodles. What I really wanted was the recipe for this chuck steak that I saw earlier in the week from a email that Diane sent over looked really good I wish I'd saved it I thought I could go back and find it but of course it seems to have disappeared now that I really am interested in it I don't know if I'm going to do so instead of getting the chuck roast that you can cook in the long-term cooker and turn into something really juicy nice and wonderful I'm going to try to do these tips and see how well they work. I don't necessarily want to do the noodle thing but I could put them on mashed potatoes so I got the packs or boxes of dry gravy mix and some relish and some grapes. Got some more orange juice I'm really going to town on this orange juice thing right now it's costed me a lot that's okay I think I dropped 60 bucks today at the market which is becoming typical maybe 60 bucks a week I can't believe that but I would spend 240 bucks a month on groceries. Obviously I'm getting a lot of entertainment out of this so I can justify it. I am getting a lot of fresh vegetables however like tomatoes and not cucumbers and cans of tomatoes and such and I use them in my concoction and therefore I guess I can justify it cuz I think it really does be good I mean I can't believe how much I've eaten so many servings of vegetables in such a long time and all of them based around the jalapeno peppers. That being said however I finished my shopping came back home and put some stuff away and really thought hard about starting the tips tonight and I may even do it tomorrow on Sunday but I don't want to I may wait until Saturday or Monday morning and start the the beef tips. I actually have the potatoes and the pork kind of gravy that I put together yesterday I had a few bites of it tonight for dinner so that wasn't it's not too bad so I can eat out that tomorrow if I really don't want to cook anything and that's only going to be in the afternoon since I've got breakfast with the kids in the morning anyway it was not a bad Saturday like I said. I watched a couple segments of the series that I'm currently Shackled to and they was enjoyable as bizarre as it is but now I've got to get to bed that 8:00 breakfast comes early..

No comments: