Tuesday, February 20, 2024

President's Day

 I've said it before holidays have their own particular feel just like weekends do. In fact holidays are probably distantly or even closer than that related to weekends it's a change in the flow of time. A day it's different even though all days are the same roughly 24 hours but the feel different and today even though it's President's Day which I think many people question is a real holiday has that feeling at least to me. It's supposed to be a wet day today and possibly the latter part of it will be but the part where I was conscious most of the time was dry and almost nice I think the temperature even got up to 50 today maybe even higher. I was surprised when I got an email from my friend Lori indicating that there's supposed to be a meeting of the friends for lunch today at 11:00. We had to go to Dee's Restaurant as opposed to the coffee shop across the street because the coffee shops always closed on holidays on Sunday which drives me crazy and that's a whole different posting.


My friend, bless her heart, this sometimes a bit traumatic. I think she wanted to have this meeting of myself and another individual who worked at the Independent Living Center the number of years ago to have this bit of a tribute lunch for the director that we worked under, who passed away a few months ago. I didn't necessarily want to do a tribute to Deb but that's a whole another posting also and one that I don't know if I'm ready to make yet or even close. But I felt I need to support my other two friends if they wanted to vent about their separation from Deborah the the director we all worked under for a period of time. This was really a strange lunch to say the least. You got to realize I do not really have a speech impediment per se. I communicate relatively well however both of my friends have cerebral palsy and significant audio involvement so you got to listen closely to hear what they're saying in the best of scenarios and it challenges even greater when you're in public there's a lot of conversations going on as in a restaurant. Added to that one of the friends is quite dramatic and speaks at a very high tone and uses a lot of profanity in this conversation which I'm totally glad that no one can really understand him when he's going off on tangents as he tends to do. Like I said thanks goodness they couldn't understand him when he was ranting about his ex-wife and about how and when he came out as a gay person. I may be just delusional and maybe everybody understood quite well what Ken was ranting about and what he was saying using the f word quite liberally to liven up this conversation. It was a long lunch we talked a long time we even came to some kind of solution which is going to require some more meetings which I think for the next couple months are going to be at this place at the apartment complex. We have a couple rooms on the third floor which might work or just such a meeting. I don't know how I feel about this since one of the big Reasons I'm involved in the conversation is because I'm on the board of directors of the agency they want to bring back into the fold as far as what Independent Living centers should be doing. I'm not going to worry about it now I have enough on my plate to be anxious about and the loose sleepover. Other than that it was a pretty nice day. I cooked the beef tips I purchased the other day and had them with gravy and mashed potatoes tonight for dinner and a couple bites of the jalapeno pepper concoction that I keep in the refrigerator. It was a pretty good day…

No comments: