Sunday, February 04, 2024

Shoeless

 I really hate those moments when you realize you really are just the sum of the events of your life and that your life is soon or sooner than later going to come to an end abruptly or painfully drug out. Bottom line is I don't want it to come to an end. I totally enjoy this life too much to think about not having this life anymore. Anyway, Sunday morning of course and that means that I'm going to go to breakfast with my kids that least my one son and his offspring daughter or my granddaughter and her boyfriend. So as you may know we meet usually every Sunday at 8:00 a.m. at the restaurant just down the street from my apartment. It's easy for me to get to only takes me about 3 to 5 minutes on a good day. I usually allocate myself 2 hours to get dressed from 6:00 a.m. to the 8:00 a.m. meeting time. Typically that's more than enough time unless I dally along the way. This morning I dialed too much right after I got up and ended the morning before going to breakfast without my shoes on or just one of my shoes on. It's getting more and more difficult for me to put my shoes on and fasten them up so they don't fall off or I kick him off along the way. I do need to get some new shoes besides the ones I just got that seem to be too narrow for my feet and I have to break them in like I did with the shoes I'm wearing now that won't stay on my feet. There's a few shoes I've seen on the internet that might be usable and easy to put on at least they would get me in the door as far as no shoes no shirt no service type places though they've never stopped me from coming in barefoot, but they could that's the point. So until that time I am struggling on those days when I don't have a caregiver to put my shoes on putting my own shoes on. If I have enough time I can usually do it at least to the point where I can pass as seeming to have shoes on.


There were a couple of minutes but I thought I was going to be able to pull it off having the one shoe on my right foot then raising my foot on the other leg my left foot and trying to get my shoe on that foot. I just didn't have enough time so this morning I put all my clothes on and the shoe on my right foot and the shoe on the left foot I was just going to rest on top of the foot along with my man sac/ purse on top of it so hey you would not be able to see my shoe less foot right off and then I pulled it out the door. When I got to the restaurant I did not have a shoe on that foot so I figured I must have lost it somewhere along the way this worries me a little bit just because it's the only shoe I can really wear right now since the other shoe gave me a blister on my little toe. Long story short after fretting now morning about the loss of a shoe my son mark followed me all the way home and hope so finding the shoe on the way home we did not. And as I came in the door there on the table right where I put it so I wouldn't forget it was my shoe. Was this a senior moment? Or an honest forget either way it's quite vexing to me that better order some new shoes quick…

No comments: