Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Wash day

 



It's gotten so the most ambitious thing I do on a Wednesday it seems is the wash and really that comprises of putting 3/4 in the slots and pushing the plunger in for the second dry and then throwing everything in the clothes basket and dragging it back to the apartment where I spend the next hour are usually shorter listening to something on NPR and folding clothes. That's right I try to fold all the clothes in the wash which includes hanging the shirts and folding the washcloths. It's not hard work it's just work that has to be done, which is not fun, but it's one of those things that you can get by in life without doing but doing it makes life just a little bit better. I have nothing to support that with it's just a feeling that I get sort of like making your bed every morning even if it's not a good bed making you can tell that the bed's been taken care of one way or the other that's just not a chaotic Mass writhing on the top of a mattress. I also updated my calendar and ordered a few things in on my general maintenance issues. My catheter company calls every month or 6 weeks to see if I need more catheters of course they know that they're going through this ritual/dance and they usually call and I don't pick up the phone if I know it's them and call back a day or two later and act like I'm just major busy guy and how much I appreciate them calling. Today I okayed for the next shipment of my catheters and then asked for a special lubricant in a nice shiny silver envelope which I really like. I mean I really like the shiny silver envelope not necessarily the lubricant cuz I think the lube is all the same just the packaging is different. And I like the silver package better than just the common plastic. I wandered up to the front of the building a couple times well of course I had to to wash clothes but to also check on my mail and to see who was moving around up front. This is many time I actually go up front and people see me and know that I'm actually alive. Now tomorrow is another exception because tomorrow is social coffee group and at least I make an appearance chat a little bit try to enjoy the company of the others and enjoy any if any treats are forthcoming. Sometimes Donuts actually show up but most the times it's just stuff that people bring in from their apartment. A couple times it's been homemade cookies as well as cake. I enjoy those almost as much as the donuts if ever any show up. They could get them every week if they wanted it's just a time thing someone to go out and get them. I know they have the money because I collected every week and it'll turn it into the money person. We have tons of money we can have Donuts every week if we wanted them.


So, once again I'm looking down the barrel of a weekend. It doesn't look like it's going to be too good to be going out and doing stuff just because more rain is forecast. We're quickly getting to that point where I don't have to worry about snow or freezing rain as we get closer and closer to Spring. However, we are certainly getting the atmospheric Rivers plow through more and more which is totally different than what we're used to. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about flooding or anything like that so far and I'm on the first floor water from the roof coming down doesn't get to me it spoils other apartments before that happens thank goodness. I'm going to look for a break in the rain tomorrow or Friday get some provisions and then just hunker down for the weekend again and wait for an early spring..

No comments: