Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leap Day!

I really had a hankering for roast beef the last couple of weeks. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to get enough of the protein. So with that in mind following the weekly coffee social I decided I would take a bus trip down south to the lucky store around 6800 South Redwood Road and see what they are offering for beef roasts. I really go to this place called Lucky's it's a nice looking place and relatively new and I'm always impressed at their mail out advertisements that come in my box weekly. They really seem to have better prices than a lot of the other joints around the area so with that in mind I want to see what they would offer as far as chuck roast goes. The last roast I purchased I threw half away because I bought it way too large and it sort of went bad before I could finish eating it. This of course wasn't expensive lesson and I hopefully won't have to experience it again. The other roast I think was a rump roast with much more meat than the Chuck roast variety.


As I said the day was much warmer than the last couple of days and a lot of that's because the storms coming and there's a lot of wind blowing in from the south as the front pushes in. So even though it was a bit warmer the day was still cool enough that I had to wear my Hood from Christmas. I was glad that I did. I had a pretty good ride down it's about drop off point at 6800 South I grabbed a lunch while I was down there from an  Asian fast food joint. It wasn't the best Asian I've had after all it's just fast food but it was good enough I had beef and broccoli over noodles which was pretty decent again I don't know if it was worth the 10 bucks but you got to pay the piper if you're going to be in the dance. Lucky's advertises itself as a wholesale price venue which it probably is as I zoomed around the facility looking at different prices it was a little bit cheaper than the other places I don't know if it's enough to go out of my way to shop there anymore. The beef looked good All Things Considered and I was able to get a smaller cut of roast this time so it should take long to cook it all maybe enough to get me through S weekend should be fun I'm looking forward to it.


It's leap day many places are probably having Sadie Hawkins day dances and such. I appreciate the extra day of the month to get my kid letters Out even though I won't get them out tomorrow as I was hoping. That is a large part my fault I agree. The letters will go out and it's okay it's not like Jasmine's going to really know because she's in Florida right now for how long I don't really remember but she's on quite a trip that's for sure so she won't even see him till the middle of the month anyway if at all. The first of the month just gives me a great Target to shoot for it feels like I'm getting something done and doing something good. Who knows maybe the best part is the 10 bucks I'm sending to most of the grandkids. At least that's something to look forward to

No comments: